Google Penguin algorithm update focuses on spammy websites and tricks and trades of SEO that are against its Webmaster guidelines. In order to recover from the lost ranking and invisibility from search engine use the White-Hat SEO techniques.
There are few do's and don'ts when it comes to recovering from the recent major Google Penguin update, which hit the ranking and search visibility of websites across the world. Websites in the eyes of Google involved in Black-Hat SEO and Grey-Hat SEO techniques have been hit harshly. SEO must make sure that they are using the right plan to revive their ranking. But first what is Google update and why did it affect your website?
Matt Cutts on May 22 2013 announced that a new Penguin 2.0 update has been released, which will be the update of the year 2013 and will "go deeper". Like all other Google algorithm updates, Penguin 2.0 also aims at providing quality results in search engine. This update is specially focusing on Paid Links, duplicate content, keyword stuffing and anchor text.
- Quickly "no follow" all the paid links in your website. SEO used paid links techniques to target specific keywords, generate links and get ranking. They used to pay for the links to the websites. Google believes this is against the Webmaster guidelines and cheats the user as they are not natural links. Websites involved in such paid linking have seen a major dive in their ranking as Penguin 2.0 is checking every single link to and fro the website.
- Unrelated links taken or given by websites should also be stopped with immediate affect. If you have a travel website and you are taking links from education domain than the ranking of your website will go down. Links for the sake of links won't work anymore. It is now become crucial to link in your cadre of domain.
- Links from poor ranking websites and spammy websites are also under scrutiny. They must be "no follow".
- Remove all duplicate content from your websites. Also same content posted on different article marketing websites falls under this category.
- Stop spam linking in comment section of forums and discussions.
- Stop keyword stuffing.
- SEO who have indexed their websites on just one or two keywords needs to rethink their strategy.
- Anchor texts should not be focused on one or two keywords. Use alternative or partial keywords. Similar match anchor text arise suspicion from Google.
- Re-plan your strategy and build it across social networking site to promote your website and get links. Search engine optimization is giving enough importance to such sites.
- Use unique content.
- Start guest posting.