Home Discussion Discuss: JavaScript Array Count

• UpdateClive Walkden June 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Isn't creating a function a waste of code? Surely this would be easier. arr = [ 2, 4, 6, 8, 10]; arr1=arr.length; document.write("<b>The length of Array is </b>"+arr1);

• Works with associative arraysChirtsian September 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Array.prototype.count = function () { for (k in this) { if (this[k].constructor !== Function) { this.length++; } }; return this.length; }

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
PHP Questions

php array loop count
php array loop count  Count the array using loop in php 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Count Values
PHP Array Count Values  Sometimes  we need to count the number... array_count_values() function to count the number of variables.  General description of array_count_values() is given below: General Format 

PHP Tutorial

PHP array count
The PHP array_count_values() function is used to count the elements... of occurrences. Example of PHP Array Count <?php    ...",7=>"ggg");     $arr=array_count_values($ar);    

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Count
PHP Array Count Function To count the elements of an array PHP provides count... $array [,int mode]) Parameters $array: the array to be count... Array Count Function Example 1: <?php $a[0]=0; $a[8]=1; $a[2 

General

JavaScript Array Count
JavaScript Array Count     ... to count the length of array. For that we have to use the count() method in our code... is the JavaScript code for getting the length of an array. <html> 

PHP Questions

How can we know the count/number of elements of an array?
How can we know the count/number of elements of an array?  How can we know the count/number of elements of an array 

Design concepts & design patterns Questions

array
accepts a pointer to integer which represents an array of integer.After that this method prints the entire of the array numbers to the monitor. include using std::cout; using std::endl; void printArray(int *array, int count 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Count Occurences
Array Search In PHP, array_search() function performs a search  for a value in an array, as with in_array(). If the value is found then the index.... General Format mixed array_search ( mixed $search , array 

Java Beginners

Count words in a string method?
Count words in a string method?  How do you Count words in a string...=br.readLine(); int count=0; String arr[]=st.split.... arr[] is String type array in which we are storing string after splitting. Now 

iPhone

NSArray Count Example
of elements in an array in objective c programming. In Objective C language, Count... in an array. Syntax of count method in objective c language - (NSUInteger)count...;]; int mcount =[marray count]; NSLog (@"array = %i", mcount 

Java Technology Tutorials

Java count files in a directory
Java count files in a directory In this section, you will learn how to count... the File object to return an array of files and directory available in the given directory. But we have to count the number of files so we have initialized 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Get Array Length
PHP Get Array Length  To count the array length we use count method... is: int count ($var [,int $mode=COUNT_NORMAL]); Where  $var is an array...() will recursively count the array. This option is beneficial 

Programming Tutorials

Java count occurrence of number from array
Java count occurrence of number from array Here we have created an example that will count the occurrence of numbers and find the number which has the highest occurrence. Now for this, we have created an array of 15 integers 

JSP Servlet Questions

count values using jsp - JSP-Servlet
by array count can you help me to sort out this problem expecting your favourable...count values using jsp  hai deepak i have a query i am... and subheadings i want to get the count of textboxes which are heading under that how 

Java Beginners

array program
array program  write a java program which will take 10 elements as command line arguments and count how many times 3 occurs in array 

Java Code Examples

Java count frequency of words in the string
Java count frequency of words in the string. In this tutorial, you will learn how to count the occurrence of each word in the given string. String... as a string from the user and convert it to String[] where each element of the array 

Java Technology Tutorials

Java count characters from file
into character array in order to count the occurrence of each character of the array.  Here is the data.txt: Hello All glitters...Java count characters from file In this section, you will learn how to count 

General

Count Characters from the input string Java
to count the occurrence of each character of the array.  Here is the code...Count Characters from the input string of Java In this section, you will learn how to count the occurrence of each character in the string. For this, we have 

Mobile Applications Questions

UITableView Array
to add an array in UITableview. Can anyone please explain about the possible reason. In my application i am loading the list of array in "number of row... numberOfRowsInSection:(NSInteger)section { return [myArr count]; } Can 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Sizeof
PHP Array sizeof() function To count the elements of an array PHP provides...;; $b=array(0=>0,3=>4); print_r($b); $count=sizeof($b); echo"...;.$count."<br/>"; ?> Elements of the $a is: Array 

PHP Questions

Array Sizeof Function PHP
Array Sizeof Function PHP  Hi, How to count the number of elements in an array using the PHP Array sizeof() function? Please provides me online help links or example of array sizedof() PHP. Thanks 

Hibernate Interview Questions

count in hibernate .
count in hibernate .  How to implements count in hibernate 

Programming Tutorials

javascript array functions push
javascript array functions push var array = new Array(); var count = 0; function push(val){ array...++; } function pop(){ if(count==0) { alert("Array 

General

Count numbers of spaces and number of words from the input string
Count numbers of spaces and number of words from the input string Java In this section, you will learn how to count the number of spaces and words from... the number of spaces. Now, in order to count the number of words, we have splitted 

Java Beginners

ARRAY - Java Beginners
) { int array[]={1,2,1,1,3,4,4,3,6,8,0,6,0,3}; int num; int count; for(int i = 0...]==(array[j]) && j != i){ count... != 1){ System.out.println(array[i]+" = "+ count 

General

Count characters from text file in Java
it into character array in order to count the occurrence of each character of the array.  Here is the data.txt: hello world where...Count characters from text file Using Java Here we are going to count 

JSP Servlet Questions

count the users?
count the users?  how to get the number of users logged in any application 

Java Beginners

Count number of "*"
Count number of "*"  I have this code to count the number of * from...:"); String text = bf.readLine(); int count = 0; for (int i = 0; i...); if (c=='*' ) { count 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array
to count the elements of an array or iterate through key-value pairs but in actual...The meaning of an array is almost same in all programming language but there could be different ways to define it. In simple words an array is used 

Java Beginners

java program based on array
java program based on array  write a program to create an array of 10 integers in main.accept values from the user in that array .now again ask the use another nomber and pass the array and the no. entered to function called 

DMCA.com