What is iPhone
Apple iPhone - iPod, Cell phone and 3G, all in one!
The iPhone is a touch screen phone launched by Apple Inc in 2007 that has taken the world by storm. Since then the enhanced iPhone 2.0 with 3G has also been introduced, not to mention the numerous other iPhone-type cell phones launched by other companies. So what makes the Apple iPhone so special?
The iPhone features a quick reaction accelerometer. Though SonyEricsson W705 debuted this feature in cell phones, it was the iPhone that turned it into a craze. The accelerometer changes the screen resolution from portrait to landscape the moment you turn the phone sideways, offering out of the world gaming experience to any avid gamer.
What's more, the new iPhone is 3G- ready and supports more than 15,000 applications on its modified iMac operating system. If you feel like crooning let nothing hold you back as the iPhone comes bundled with a fully functional iPod . What's more the iPhone also has a GPS locator with local Google maps, all of which ensure that you never get lost on the move.
Other Cool iPhone 2.0 Features:
- 3G Speed and Wi-Fi: Get fast net access from anywhere, anytime using the powerful Safari web browser. Even on a call.
- Business Special: the iPhone supports Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, delivering push email, calendar, and contacts, apart from ensuring secure wireless network access and access to corporate resources.
- Access iTunes: Now listen or download your favourite music and videos from Apple's online music store at the touch of a button…oops, screen!
- Mail me: The iPhone supports many popular email servers and providers including Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Mobile Me, Microsoft Exchange and AOL.
- Snap Pictures and Shoot Videos: With its 2 Mega Pixel camera and 3.5 inch wide screen clicking pictures was never this much
- Cool Applications: The online Apple iPhone store provides more than 15,000 applications for download including super games like Mario 3D.
- You Tube: Watch all You Tube videos right from the iPhone Home screen. Lightening quick 3G and Wi-Fi ensure there is no lag while you watch videos or share them with your friends.
- Stocks, Weather, Notes: Get stock quote's, check the weather and put down notes effortlessly.
- Wide Screen: With a 3.5 inch screen with multiple-language support enjoy a theatre like experience, always.
- Great Capacity: The iPhone comes in two varieties, 8GB and 16GB flash drive.
- Multi-Touch control: The iPhone features a multi-touch display so you control everything without pushing a button! Type using the predictive keyboard, glide through albums with Cover Flow, scroll through photos with a flick, or zoom in and out on a section of a web page – all this and more with Multi-Touch.
- Smart Sensors: The Ambient light sensor darkens or brightens the screen according to the surrounding light automatically whereas the Proximity sensor immediately turns off display when you lift the iPhone to your ear. All this is geared to maximize battery life and improve your iPhone experience.
- Intelligent Keyboard: The iPhone keyboard is only visible when you need it, adapts to all applications and automatically changes its keys to support 21 languages. The full QWERTY iPhone keyboard let's you type fast without mistakes thanks to its auto spell-check feature.
- Long Battery Life: The lithium-ion iPhone battery gives 10 hours talk-time on a single charge with up to 24 hours audio playback and 7 hours video playback. You can charge it via USB or a power adaptor.
- Bluetooth: Share all your photos, music and videos with your friends with high speed Bluetooth 2.0.