All iPhone Tips and Tricks
If you are looking for some cool iPhone 3G tips n tricks your search ends here. Smartphones have the distinct advantage of featuring many customisable options and the iPhone 3G is no different, rather only better. We provide you the best, coolest and hottest iPhone tips, tweaks, secrets that you couldn't imagine existed. The best part is that our iPhone tips and tweaks list is constantly updated so you discover new and fun stuff in your iPhone, always.
iPhone Keyboard Tips:
- Shift Key: Apple with its vast iMac experience has featured the shift key press option on the iPhone multi-touch screen. This is especially relevant if you want to capitalize few letters without pressing the CAPSLOCK option.
- Double Tap: In the iPhone the double tap primarily serves three functions. The double tap zooms in on anything you tap in Google Maps, Safari browser and in Photos. You can also zoom out by double tapping again. While watching videos just double tap to remove or restore the letterbox bars at the side. Quickly double tapping the space bar also adds a period and space.
- Type non-visible characters: If you want to type letters or symbols that are not visible on the keyboard just hold down the related letter or symbol and slide to pick the variation.
iPhone Battery Tips and Secrets:
- Avoiding the Extremes: If you want to enhance your iPhone battery lifespan remember to avoid temperature extremes. Avoid using your iPhone at temperatures higher than 95° F (or 35° C) and in very cold environments. Using the iPhone in very hot conditions can inflict permanent battery damage whereas cold temp usage causes temporary battery performance degradation.
- Regular Updates: Keep your iPhone software constantly updated to ensure your phone has the latest battery performance maximisation technology.
- Optimise the Settings: Some apps are battery draining like viewing videos, gaming, email and so on. Just remember the following battery tips to maximise its life.
Limit Third-party Application Usage: 3 rd party apps like games prevent auto power saving options like screen dimming or switching off hence the battery is constantly at peak performance.
- Minimize use of Location Services by using it only when needed or disabling the location services option.
- Set your Fetch New Data options to hourly or fetch data manually. Frequent use of mail client only drains the battery faster.
- Disable your Push Mail client when not needed to avoid receiving mail as they arrive.
Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G: When not in use switch off these apps to conserve battery. Also note using Wi-Fi to access the net instead of the cellular network service requires less power.
Use your iPhone regularly: It may sound weird but its true that not using the iPhone for long time at a stretch decreases the battery life. Use it regularly and charge the battery at least once every six months even if you don't use your iPhone regularly.
iPhone Sensor Tips and Tweaks:
If you want to increase the screen brightness without navigating to the controls, simply cover the light sensor located behind the black glass when you unlock your iPhone. The sensor will brighten the screen automatically thinking it to be in a dark environment.
Custom iPhone Buttons Tips n Tricks:
Need more media options like Playlists, Artists, Songs, and Videos on your iPod module or want to add your own custom iPhone button list? Well just tap the more button and then edit and in the Configure option drag and drop any of the four icons downwards into the icon already existing to replace it.
Resetting and Quickly Quitting Programs:
If your stable and robust iPhone locks inadvertently, don't panic, just press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds and your iPhone automatically resets.
If you want to quit any unresponsive program just press and hold the Home button for 6 seconds and voila!
iPhone Image Tips and Tricks:
- Screenshots: If you want to take a quick screenshot of the present screen simultaneously press the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons and you will hear a clicking sound. The photo is saved in the Saved Photos library.
- Browser Images: Just press the image for two seconds in the Safari browser that you want to save and an action sheet will appear with save image option.
Other Cool iPhone Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:
Swipe Delete: In apps that use lists like the Mail just swipe your fingers across an entry you wish to delete and the delete confirmation appears.