Advantages of having an internal private repository :
Internal private repository of an organization:
Use cases for maven repository:
- Downloads ibiblio-cache from ibiblio for artifacts and make it available publically. This synchronizes with external repository from ibiblio.
- internal-maven-repository: used for internal artifacts of an organization. It contains unique artifacts for the organization and is not synchronized with any repository.
- Alternatively, another sub-repository that is not at ibiblio can be created for artifacts. This does not synchronize with any external repository.
- Browse the remote repository by using a web browser.
- Search the artifacts in the repository.
- Download code from version control and make changes in settings.xml to point to the internal repository and build without any manual intervention.
- Install new version of the artifacts.
- Import artifacts into the repository in bulk.
- Export artifacts from the repository in bulk.
- Setup the task to backup the repository automatically.
Criteria for choosing a maven repository implementation: In ideal condition a maven repository implementation should be:
Recommend the tutorial