Spring IO Platform 1.0.0 Released - Check the new features of this release
The Spring IO is platform for developing and building the modern day
applications for enterprises. It is modular and enterprise-grade distribution
which aims to deliver the organized set of dependencies. It also allows the
developers to use the parts they need and provides the full control on each
module. The Spring IO is 100% open source system and it is modular.
The latest version of the Spring IO platform is released and the current
version is 1.0.0. It comes with many new features and enhancements.
Here is highlights of the Spring IO platform 1.0:
- A Bill-of-Materials release (a Maven BOM dependency) which
is used to sets the versions for the project.
- Spring IO represents organized and harmonized dependencies.
- One platform which can be used to build many different types
of applications such as HTML, websocket, and REST-powered web
apps, mobile, integration, batch, reactive or big data
applications, or just great APIs.
- It simplifies the development experience of the developers.
It can also be used with the Spring Boot which simplifies the
development and testing of the applications.
- The Spring IO includes the production-ready features such as
monitoring, metrics, etc. out of the box.
- It provides the modular platform which can be used by
developers to selectively use the parts they need to deploy
- It provides the portability across the standalone JVM,
embedded runtimes, full-blown Java EE application server, and
PaaS deployments like Cloud Foundry etc...
- It only depends only on Java SE, and supports Groovy, Grails
and some Java EE making it more useful.
- It can work with the existing dependency management tools
such as Maven and Gradle.
- The Spring IO Platform is certified to work on JDK 7 and 8.
So, developers can use it with JDK 7 and JDK 8.
- Spring IO platform is an ideal platform for building the
demanding application for enterprise.
Spring IO 1.0 is available for download and you can start testing the new
Check the latest tutorials of Spring Framework