How Much Water To Drink a Day To Lose Weight?
There is no dearth of reasons when it comes to drinking plenty of water in a day. Water helps in getting rid of the toxins, it prevents dehydration and promotes the healing process. So make sure you substitute water for alcohol and other aerated drinks, as this will help in controlling weight.
Drinking water before and after every meal helps a great deal to prevent obesity. It helps you to ignore the urge to overeat. Eat slowly, drink water and it will help you by making you feel full with a lesser intake of food. But like excess of everything is bad, make sure you don’t overdo it. Drinking too much water can be toxic, so exercise moderation.
- Determining how much water your body needs in a day is very important. According to the health experts, you should drink on an average 8 glasses of water, each measuring 8 ounces. That means you should drink about 64 ounces of water in a day. Talking in terms of litres, it is about 2 litres of water is recommended per day.
- Always make sure to keep a glass container with you, that can store water up to 5 litres. Make sure the water is filtered and purified. Also keep a small water bottle that has a capacity of around 16 ounces. This small bottle can be a plastic bottle or a bottle made of stainless steel. Pour water from the container into the bottle till it is full.
- Drink water only from the bottle whenever you feel thirsty. This way you can determine the amount of water you are drinking on hourly basis, as you know the quantity of water that was stored in that small bottle. In order to increase your water intake, do not wait till you feel thirsty. Make it a point to empty at least half the bottle in an hour, which is about 8 ounces of water.
- Keep a digital watch with you. To make sure that you maintain the rate of drinking 8 ounces of water in an hour, keep a digital watch with beeps you at the beginning of each hour. Between this beep and the next, make sure you drink at least 2 glasses of water. That makes it about 6-8 ounces of water every hour.
- Make sure you are drinking clean and purified water. Installing a filter or any other water purification system is of utmost importance. Nothing beats the taste of pure water.
- It is understandable that after drinking so much water, you might not like the taste of water anymore and want to change it to something more zesty. So you can add a little taste by adding some lime to make it a little sour to your liking. you can add some cucumber slices to water.
- Cayenne pepper does the trick as well. Not only it makes water tastier to drink but it also helps by reacting with fat cells in the body, thus helping in getting rid of some fat.
- Make sure you are eating water rich foods like watermelons. More than half of watermelon is water, thus a regular intake of it helps a great deal in keeping some diseases or infections at bay. Similarly, you can have raw tomatoes, as they are more than 90% water. Stay away from sugar drinks, sport drinks, aerated drinks and processed foods.
- Drink green tea as it has anti-oxidants. You can add some honey to the tea.
- Green tea with lemon added also works fine
Always keep the glass container full of purified water and a bottle with you, even while travelling. If the climate is dry and hot, make sure you keep sipping the water so that the body is not dehydrated.
Before a meal, have enough water to fill yourself to an extent that you will not overeat. Drinking enough water and fluids will make sure that you remain hydrated and active. Vegetable soups should also be made part of the diet.
One very important thing is to ensure that you stop drinking water few hours before you go to bed. This way you ensure that you don’t have to wake in the middle of the night to go to washroom. Uninterrupted sleep is very important. Te more sleep you get in the night, the healthier you will be.
So drink a lot of water in the morning and afternoon and by evening, cut down the water intake to minimum
Exercise can help you in controlling obesity?
Read more on
Loss - Natural way of losing weight ,
most frustrating disease.
Disclaimer: The Content is just for informational purpose,
always seek the advice of a qualified health provider for proper diagnosis and