Surgery to lose weight
Obesity and overweight is one of the big diseases around the world. Obesity
in the United States and other countries has become one of the major health
issue. More and more people around the world are being affected with the obesity
related health complications.
Obesity is the result of accumulation of excess fat in the body. The body mass index
(BMI) is used to diagnose the obesity. Following BMI Categories are used:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
There are many health related problems associated with the obesity. These
- High cholesterol and triglycerides - The level of
cholesterol and triglycerides in the body increases
- Type 2 diabetes - Overweight persons are more prone to the
Type 2 Diabetes
- High blood pressure - Risk of High blood pressure in such
patients are very high.
- Metabolic syndrome - This is another health threatening
- Heart disease - Risk of Heart disease is very high
- Cancer, including cancer of the uterus, cervix, ovaries,
breast, colon, rectum and prostate
- Sleep apnea - Sleep apnea is another serious disorder.
- Depression - Depression is another weight related issue.
- Gallbladder disease - Due to obesity you may fall into
- Gynecologic problems, such as infertility and irregular
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease - This will affect your
- Osteoarthritis - This will cause pain and stiffness in the
- Skin problems - Skin problems such as poor wound healing
etc. are also associated with the obesity.
People around the world is now opting for the weight loss surgery to reduce
Weight loss surgery is also one of the options for the weight loss. Surgery
to lose weight is also an option for the Obesity patients. But it should the
last option. You should go for the diet control and Ayurvedic medicines for the
Types of weight loss surgery
There are following types of weight loss surgery:
- Vertical banded gastroplasty (VBG)
- Laparoscopic gastric banding (Lap-Band)
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RGB)
Disadvantages of Weight Loss Surgery
There are many dangerous and Unnecessary associated with the Bariatric
(Weight Loss) Surgery.
- High Cost of surgery
- Many health complications after surgery
- Nutritional deficiencies
Read more on
Possible Complications of weight loss surgery (Bariatric Surgery),
Loss - Natural way of losing weight ,
most frustrating disease.
Disclaimer: The Content is just for informational purpose,
always seek the advice of a qualified health provider for proper diagnosis and