ASNEditor provides an Eclipse platform (Version 3.0.1) editor plugin for the ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One) formal language.
It presents an outline page, syntax highlighting, content assist, goto declaration under cursor, bracket matching, problem markers.
Version 1.0.0 (released 24 feb 2005)
* Syntax highlight
* Outline view shows for the current ASN.1 module: types, values, imports and exports
* Eclipse like - navigate to declaration under cursor (CTRL + click)
* Content assist for types and values (CTRL + SPACE)
* Bracket matching
* Problem markers for errors and warnings
* Annotation hover for problem markers
* Preferences page for editor's syntax highlight (colors and font styles)
Version 1.0.1 (released 1 march 2005)
* Eclipse like - navigate to declaration under cursor - key bindings added (F3)
* Comment, uncomment, toggle comment (ALT+8, ALT+9, CTRL+/)
Version 1.0.2 (released 5 march 2005)
* Error report when undefined types are exported
* Error report on already defined identifiers (type, field, value and macro)
* Goto next/previous annotation (CTRL+. and CTRL+,)
* New PreferencePage
* ASN.1 New Module wizard
Version 1.0.3 (released 6 may 2005)
* Fixed editor crash on open from CVS resource history
* Grammar improvements
* Code folding
* Outline improvements
* Improved performance on already defined identifiers (Hashing)
* ASN.1 Nature (toggle from menu)
* Project specific ASN.1 import path
* Bug 1184581 fixed (comma-terminated field list)
Version 1.0.4 (released 22 july 2005)
* Grammar and model improvements
* Outline now supports multiple modules in one file
* Split modules into files (<moduleName>.asn - usefull for multiple modules per ASN.1 file)
Version 1.1.0 (preview - comming soon)
* Grammar - parameterisable types ( via CLASS keyword )
For details see changelog.txt.
Install and update
The ASN.1 eclipse plugin can be installed and updated via the Eclipse' update mechanism directly from the project site http://asneditor.sourceforge.net/updates
* To do so select the Eclipse menu Help -> Software Updates -> Find and install (screenshot).
* From the next dialog (screenshot) select your desired task (install or update).
* Online instalation
o For a new install add the ASN.1 Editor update site to the list by clicking on the New remote site button and
o fill in the values as seen in the screenshot ( Name: ASN.1 Editor Url: http://asneditor.sourceforge.net/updates )
* Offline instalation
o Download the update site as a zip file from the project download area
o Decompress the zip file on your computer
o Add the ASN.1 Editor local update site to the list by clicking on the New local site button and
o Select the folder where you decompressed the site and click Ok
* Check the ASN.1 Editor from the list and click Next
* Select the latest version and then click Finish
* Eclipse will be able to use the new plugin only after it has been restarted.
know click for more information.
If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles
Liked it! Share this Tutorial