Home Discussion Discuss: Determining if two Filename paths refer to the same file.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Tips and Examples

Determining if two Filename paths refer to the same file.
Determining if two Filename paths refer to the same file... to determine that the file name refers to the same file or not. What you need to do is to create two File object and pass the file name in the constructor of both 

Java Beginners

identify the paths
identify the paths  write a srcipt for cutting only the paths of the file present inside a directory or folder   Hi Friend, Please clarify either you want to get the name of the file from the given path or you want 

Java Beginners

Using a variable filename - Java Beginners
and click button1, the data should write to data1.txt file. and when enter other data and click button2, it should go to data2.txt file. Can you please help me with what to do to make each JButton performs its action with its own file. Thank you 

Date Calendar

How to add two calendars on the same html page
How to add two calendars on the same html page  I have used the same... use single calendar for a single html page.but while implementing two calendars on same html page it doesn't work..The first calendar works but the second 

JSP Servlet Questions

how to add the two tables in same row when generating pdf file from jsp - JSP-Servlet
how to add the two tables in same row when generating pdf file from jsp  How to add the two tables in same row one is left side and other is right side please help me.   Hi Friend, Try the following code 

Java Tips and Examples

Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory
Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory.... What you need to do, just create a File object and pass some file name.... isDirectory(): It checks whether the file is a directory or not. getAbsolutePath 

HTML Questions

Two or more actions in the same form
Two or more actions in the same form  Can I have two or more actions in the same form 

PHP Tutorial

PHP File Manipulation File locking Tutorial
in the file. Because you can't avoid the situation when two users simultaneously... that reads data from a file looks like this: $filename="text.txt"; $fp..., if you omit file locking in any of the two your locking operations 

Java Tips and Examples

Converting a Filename to a URL
Converting a Filename to a URL       A file object is used to a give a filename. Creating the File object doesn't mean that a file exists. It may be that the does not exist. Suppose 

General

Converting a Filename to a URL

General

Java get Filename without Extension
the filename without extension. For this, the file name or the directory name...() {   String fileName="C:\\anu\\My\\Hello.txt";   File file = new File(fileName... Java get Filename without Extension    

Swing AWT

How to get filename in JTextArea in following case?
How to get filename in JTextArea in following case?  Hi, i'm... JFileChooser(); fc.setSelectedFile(new File("c:/Temp/anyFilename.txt") ); fc.showSaveDialog(SOHJoinerUI); File curFile 

JSP Servlet Questions

How to browse and upload the file in same page using jsp.
How to browse and upload the file in same page using jsp.  Hi, I am doing a project and i want to browse and upload the file in same page inside.... Regards, Santhosh.   Here is a jsp upload file application. The given code 

JSP Servlet Questions

How to browse and upload the file in same page using jsp.
How to browse and upload the file in same page using jsp.  Hi Sir... the file in cell if a table in same page, post answer as soon as possible.thanks in advance. Regards, Santhosh   Here is a jsp upload file application 

Java Beginners

Hash value is not same - Java Beginners
Hash value is not same  Hi, I've two Excel files with same data. One is in Excel 2003 (.xls) format and other one is in Excel 2007 (.xlsx) format... 2003 files is not same as the hash value of Excel 2007 file. What might 

Java Beginners

Compare two word file
Compare two word file  How to compare two word file using Java 

Java Beginners

Program to check whether two given words pronouncing same or not?
Program to check whether two given words pronouncing same or not?  Program to check whether two given words pronouncing same or not? example: raju and rajoo pronouncing same please help me out 

Java Technology Tutorials

File Path compare in java
In this section, we will discuss how to compare pathname of two file for the equality.... First ,we create two instance of class-same or different and check there equality...;); if (file1.compareTo(file2) == 0) { System.out.println("Both paths are same!" 

Java Beginners

How send different files to browser at same time ..example(pdf&html) want display in same request using servlet
How send different files to browser at same time ..example(pdf&html) want display in same request using servlet  package com.readfiles; import..."; String contextPath = getServletContext().getRealPath(File.separator); File 

Java Beginners

How to get of lastmodified file list between two times in java?
How to get of lastmodified file list between two times in java?  Hi, here is a code that list the last modified files in a directory between two dates. This is working well but is it possible to do the same thing between two 

Java Beginners

How to resolve this error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
How to resolve this error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax... file = "C:/xampp/htdocs/jobqueen/" + username + createTimeStampStr() + ".PNG... this String file = "http://www.queen.com/website/screenshots/" + username 

General

Java Example program to get the current working directory
program illustrates to get the current working directory (CWD). With the File class object we can get two types of paths in java. These are as follows... the getCononicalPath() with the File class object and for absolute path we can use 

Development process Questions

problem in swing program for opening two windows with same login credentials
problem in swing program for opening two windows with same login credentials  I Face two problems while writing the code in swing program 1.i... into the system with same username,password two times then it opens two separate 

Java Technology Tutorials

Java filename without extension
Java filename without extension In his section, you will learn how to get the file name without extension. Description of code: In one of the previous sections, we have discussed the extraction of file extension from the given file 

Swing AWT

java client server program for playing video file(stored in folder in the same workspace) using swings
java client server program for playing video file(stored in folder in the same... = new File("RecFiles/" + scn + "" + filename); FileOutputStream fos... a client server program to play a video file, when I run both client and server 

Swing AWT

java client server program for playing video file(stored in folder in the same workspace) using swings
java client server program for playing video file(stored in folder in the same... = new File("RecFiles/" + scn + "" + filename); FileOutputStream fos... a client server program to play a video file, when I run both client and server 

Swing AWT

Swing AWT

Java Beginners

File path for jar file
File path for jar file  Hi Experts, I have created one eclipse... jar file of that application, unfortunately it is giving the error that resource not found for the template file. Also I had tried to get that path from user 

JSP Interview Questions

openning the pdf or doc file in same jsp
openning the pdf or doc file in same jsp   **how to open the pdf and doc file in same jsp after clicking the link or button (which is with out moving to the next page). will some body help me on this @simple format please 

DMCA.com