Hibernate is a powerful, high performance object/relational persistence and query service. Hibernate lets you develop persistent classes following object-oriented idiom - including association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition, and collections. Hibernate allows you to express queries in its own portable SQL extension (HQL), as well as in native SQL, or with an object-oriented Criteria and Example API.
Hibernate 3.1.2 has been released with new features and promises on Jan 17, 2006. This maintenance release focused on bug fixes and improvements, especially regarding:
This release fixes, amongst other minor bugs/enhancements:
* bugs with Session closure checking
* some potential bugs in HQL parameter binding - especially mixing named and ordinal parameters
* issues with "borrowed connections" (i.e. Session.connection()) with aggressive connection releasing.
Changes in version 3.1.2 (01.27.2006)
* [HHH-73] - Statistics for HQL queries use pre-processed query string
* [HHH-1306] - HQL parsing problem with join fetching of arrays/collections of values
* [HHH-1370] - Warning in hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd
* [HHH-1371] - MappingException is thrown when the same column is referenced with different case
* [HHH-1386] - Numeric (long) literals not properly handled by HQL parser
* [HHH-1390] - Session.isOpen() throws exeception when the session is closed with ThreadLocalSessionContext
* [HHH-1391] - Invalid parameter index SQLException when using named parameters after positional parameters
* [HHH-1392] - Proxies cannot be serialized after session is closed
* [HHH-1398] - extends and entity-names broken with mapping-level package attribute
* [HHH-1407] - return-join broken for entity collections
* [HHH-1364] - Defensive check of isClosed when obtaining a connection from ConnectionManager
* [HHH-1367] - warn level log "this operation breaks ==" may be disturbing
** New Feature
* [HHH-1372] - Support for MySQL5 new varchar length
* [HHH-1005] - Criteria LEFT JOIN capability when adding Order to associations
* [HHH-1373] - Document update versioned
Hibernate 3.1.2 can be downloaded from here.