Hibernate is a powerful, high performance object/relational persistence and query service. Hibernate lets you develop persistent classes following object-oriented idiom - including association, inheritance, polymorphism, composition, and collections. Hibernate allows you to express queries in its own portable SQL extension (HQL), as well as in native SQL, or with an object-oriented Criteria and Example API.
Hibernate 3.1.3 has been released with new features and promises on March 20, 2006. This is mainly a bug-fix release.
Changes in version 3.1.3 (2006.03.20)
* [HHH-535] - properties element causes exception in interface/abstract class
* [HHH-1236] - Remove static reference to classloader, to avoid memory leak at webapp reload
* [HHH-1248] - explicit joins to collections in subquery result in join conditions being dropped from sql
* [HHH-1287] - Problem with WAS ExtendedJTATransaction not available when using MDB
* [HHH-1325] - ArrayOutOfBounds expected in DatabaseMetadata.isTable when specifing schema
* [HHH-1419] - Update + Exists doesn't seem to work
* [HHH-1433] - many-to-many with additional 'with' join clause generates bad sql
* [HHH-1435] - many-to-one lazy seems to be broken in 3.1.x
* [HHH-1445] - SchemaUpdate closes shared ConnectionProvider
* [HHH-1453] - Broken exception handling in NullableType
* [HHH-1464] - QueryException from Query.getReturnAliases when query uses "fetch"
* [HHH-1486] - Concurrent access issues with both SoftLimitMRUCache and SimpleMRUCache
* [HHH-1489] - mapped composite is is always assumed as transient
* [HHH-1508] - Session.createQuery() should not flush the session
* [HHH-1531] - NPE with many-to-many and property-ref
* [HHH-1546] - generated version properties fail with multiple actions per flush
* [HHH-1430] - More complete TransactionManager in GlassFish (SunOne 9) and 8
* [HHH-1516] - support DataDirect standard jdbc stored procedures
* [HHH-1520] - with clause with implied joins within an explicit join
* [HHH-1526] - Improved DTDEntityResolver
* [HHH-1540] - Better Error Feedback In CollectionEntry.postFlush(PersistentCollection)
* [HHH-1555] - ConnectionReleaseMode.AFTER_STATEMENT and flushes
** New Feature
* [HHH-1251] - Avoid replicating the clearing of TreeCache on SessionFactory..close()
Hibernate 3.1.3 can be downloaded from here.
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.
Posted on: January 30, 2008 If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles