New Features of Spring Framework 3.2
Spring Framework 3.2 released is with many new features and enhancements. Its
final version of the of the Spring Framework 3.2. It recommended that the users
of Spring framework 3.1 should now upgrade to version 3.2. Spring Framework 3.2
now supports new improved features of Java SE 7.
New Features and Enhancements in Spring 3.2
Following are the new features and enhancement in Spring 3.2 :
- Spring 3.2 have asynchronous request processing support based on Servlet
- In Spring 3.2, a
ContentNeogtiationStrategy is available for determining the requested
media types of incoming request.
- The component annotation @ControllerAdvice, detects implementation
classes automatically by scanning classpath.
- For getting matrix variables from the request URI, @MatrixVariable
annotation is introduced in Spring 3.2.
- The AbstractDispatcherServletInitializer class and its
sub-class AbstractAnnotationConfigDispatcherServletInitializer is
introduced to make code-based registration of a DispatcherServlet
and filters less difficult.
- The ResponseEntityExceptionHandler class provides method
@ExceptionHandler for handling standard Spring MVC exceptions, that
returns a ResponseEntity which letting us writing and modifying the
response with the help of HTTP message converters.
- Generic type (For ex. List<Account>) of HTTP response , is now supported
by RestTemplate and also in parameters @RequestBody.
- Some configuration betterments and new classes are added in Spring 3.2
MVC to support Jackson JSON 2 library.
- In addition to tiles 2.x, Spring 2.3 has now support for Tiles 3. Tiles
3 configuration is very similar to Tiles 2.x configuration.
In spite of that, tiles dependencies are also modified.
- Inside @RequestMapping method, an Errors argument is
added with an @RequestBody or an @RequestPart argument to
manage validation errors produced by @Valid annotation.
- After Spring 3.2, you can now use HTTP request function PATCH in
@RequestMapping functions. Inspite of that you can use PATCH function
in RestTemplate with the help of Apache HttpComponents's
HttpClient version 4.2 or later.
- Now, omitting URL patterns is supported by the Mapped interceptors.
These options exhibits by the MVC JavaConfig and the MVC namespace.
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.