The Java tutorial articles highlights the new features and latest developments in the Java SE 6 which will make familiar to you with these update features.
Here are the new features of the version 6 of the Java Standard Edition (SE).
- Web services: Developers have to get first class support for writing XML web services. The latest Java SE 6 provides new adds parsing and XML to Java object-mapping APIs. as .net interoperable web services with a simple annotation.
- Collections Framework Enhancement: With the new Java SE features, now it is easy in Collection framework and we are able to improve the performance hashing function that is used by java.util.HashMap. It provides some new Collection interfaces also.
- Monitoring and Management: The major benefit for the new Java SE is that it provides you facility, which adds yet more diagnostic information and memory heap analysis tool jhat for forensic exploration of those core dumps.
- Changes in jar and zip: The major changes for Java SE 6 has been done in terms of Jar and zip support as it has been enhanced. In this, two new compressed streams have been added. These are java.util.zip. DeflaterInputStream and java.util.zip.InflaterOutputStream.
- Java Platform Debugger Architecture Enhancements: JVMDI has been deleted in JAVA SE 6 and JPDA has been added. Some new Methods are included like boolean boolean canGetInstanceInfo() and much more?
- Security:The Java SE 6 has simplified the work for its security administrators by providing various means of anger. The Java SE 6 provides a large set of security APIs. These Security APIs span a wide range of areas, including cryptography public key infrastructure, secure communication, authentication, and access control.
- Enhancement in RMI for JDKTM 6:java.rmi.MarshalledObject now support generics
- JMX API Enhancements: Enhancements has been made to the JMX API in Java SE 6 like : JMX API now completely supports Generics, MXBeans have been added and much more?
- Networking features and enhancements in Java SE version 6.0:
This feature include enhancement in networkInterface, support for Internationalized Domain Names, HTTP Negotiate Authentication and much more?
- Serialization Changes and Enhancements in JAVA SE Development Kit 6
The new method ObjectStreamClass.lookupAny now used to obtain an ObjectStreamClass instance for a non-serializable Class
- JAX-Web Services 2.0 with the Java SE 6 Platform: One of the most exciting new features of the JAVA SE 6 is support for the Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS), version 2.0.