Java Development Kit
Java Development Kit (JDK) is a product
developed by Sun MicroSystem aimed at Java
developers. Since the Java is introduced, it has been by far the most widely
used Java SDK. Here are the tools that are included in Java Development Kit.
JDK includes the following programming tools:
- java: The tool java is an interpreter, that
is also known as launcher of Java applications. This tool interprets the class files generated by the
- javac: This tool is known as compiler that
converts the source code into Java
- jar: The tool jar (java archive files)
combines the related class libraries
into a single JAR
- javadoc: The javadoc tool generates
the document from our source
- jdb: It is a debugging tool that is used
for debugging the application.
- javap: It works as a disassembler for the
- appletviewer: appletviewer runs and debug Java applets
without a web browser
- javah: This is the C header and stub generator.
It also writes the native methods
- extcheck: This tool is used for detecting Jar conflicts
- apt: This tool processes the annotations
- jhat: This tool analysis the java heap
- jstack: This tool prints the Java stack traces
generated by Java
- jstat: It works as the Java
Virtual Machine statistics monitoring tool
Except all the above tools there are various other
tools like jstatd, jinfo, jmap, idlj, policy tool. But we have discussed all the
commonly used tools.
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.