Flex is an open source framework developed by Adobe for creating rich internet applications. Flex based applications provide real time rich experience to the user which is not possible in traditional html based applications. Currently, Flex is most popular choice because of its cross browser and cross platform features. It runs consistently among all major browsers having flash player installed in it. Developers feels very easy to develop the flex application using Adobe flex builder application development tool. Developers can concentrate and spend more time on business logic and work flow rather than consuming time on developing User Interfaces.
Benefits of flex:
1. Its free and open source framework
2. Used to develop cross platform rich internet applications based on flash platform.
3. Flex applications provide real time rich user-experience.
4. Much more faster than traditional html based applications.
5. Loads only the required content from the server hence reduces the load on servers a lot.
6. Flex puts very less overhead to the database, and network.
7. Developing user interfaces are now easy using Adobe Flex Builder.
8. Unlike AJAX, flex applications looks and reacts the same way on each browser and plateform.
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.
Posted on: November 14, 2009 If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles