Database Modeling in Eclipse
Clay is a database design tool that runs as a plug-in
in the Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/)
development environment. Clay has an intuitive user interface for graphically
designing database models. Clay can also create a database model by reverse
engineering an existing database. Furthermore, Clay generates the SQL (DDL) code
appropriate for your database.
Clay Core Features
- Intuitive user interface - flat
- Graphically design database models.
Drag and drop tables and foreign key connections anywhere in the model.
- Dedicated editors for Schemas, Tables, Indexes,
Unique Keys, and Foreign Keys.
- Reverse engineer existing databases using
- User-configurable SQL script generation.
Generates the DDL script appropriate for your database.
- Self-document your database: save
remarks in your database with the COMMENT ON syntax (if supported by your
- Open source SQL dialects supported:
HSQLDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, ANSI SQL-92, SAP DB, McKoi.
- Switch SQL dialects whenever you want.
- Auto-validate your database model. Locate the
problem source by double-clicking on a error message.
- Dynamically updated outline view.
- Thumbnail outline view for
navigating large database models.
- Zoom support for large database
- Align database tables vertically or
- Switch between supported languages,
English and Japanese, without restarting.
For more information: