Home Discussion Discuss: Read Text from Standard IO

• Your mistake code...Srun Kagna May 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Hello Sir; I just look your example's code. In this sentence's : String str = in.readLine(); not correct. Pls, in to br This full sentence is : String str = br.readLine(); Thank you... :)

• Typo in program codeanonymous June 29, 2011 at 8:40 AM

in.readLine(); // Error , replace by the following br.readLine();

• program code above! and i had made some changesTenzin Choeku October 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM

import java.io.*; public class ReadStandardIO{ public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException{ InputStreamReader inp = new InputStreamReader(System.in); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(inp); System.out.println("Enter text : "); String str = br.readLine(); System.out.println("You entered String : "); System.out.println(str); } }

• JAVAJavaCoder November 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM

insted of this line > String str = in.readLine(); it should be > String str = br.readLine();

• typoSahi March 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

String str = in.readLine(); => String str = br.readLine();

• having problem in geting character input from userSarabjeet January 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hi there...pls help me as i m geting an error reading CHARACTER input from user...i m eting as problem in parsing d program !! pls reply asap !! Getting these 2 errors - Ccipher.java:53: cannot find symbol symbol : variable Char location: class Ccipher pt[i]=Char.parseChar(stdin.readLine()); ^ Ccipher.java:98: cannot find symbol symbol : variable Char location: class Ccipher pt[i]=Char.parseChar(stdin.readLine()); ^ 2 errors

• JavaGobinathan February 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Give me all possible input statements with example....

• B.E.- Java Prof WorkingRajesh Kumar Patel February 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Their is Two error 1. Semicolon at the end of InputStreamReader inp = new InputStreamReader(System.in) 2. br.readLine() insted of in.readline() String str = in.readLine();

• This postSivan Mehta May 20, 2012 at 8:18 AM

The sample code you provided doesn't even compile. How is supposed to be used?

• In the example one change is requiredPratik July 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

In the example above instead of in.readLine(), it should be br.readLine(). String str = in.readLine(); should be replaced with String str = br.readLine();

• question:ritika July 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM

1.how do we read a single character from keyboard??

• CnrTEuUumCkxVMahmoud August 26, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi Alexander,Nice trick invoking a sicrpt :)I think the problem is in this line of your ProcessBuilder params:> commands.add( \ image Over 0,0 0,0 im-watermark.png'\ ");If you re-write that as:> commands.add( image );> commands.add( Over );> commands.add( 0,0 );> commands.add( 0,0 );> commands.add( im-watermark.png ); it should work.

• javapoonam kumawat May 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM

scanf("%d",&mid1); what is the code in java for this line.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java-Tutorials

Read Text from Standard IO
Reading Text from the Standard Input   ... through System.in which is used to read input from the keyboard... facilities for reading text from either the file or the keyboard on the command 

Java Beginners

io
io  create a meanu based text editor in java having features of creating file,viewing file,deleting file,renaming file,copying file and cutting file 

Java Beginners

io
io  write a program in java to accept a filename from user and print its content on the monitor   Hello Friend, Try the following code: import java.io.*; import java.util.*; class DisplayContentOfFile { public 

Java Beginners

IO File - Java Beginners
IO File  Write a java program which will read an input file... the standard errors & warnings. The standard errors & warnings you can find out from the log file. This is the task assigned to me..Please help me 

Java-Tutorials

Command Line Standard Input In Java
the Java IO Standard Input through Command Line. Standard streams, feature of various O/S, are read through standard input in Java. Standard streams are read... be read from the keyboard input, file input or any other input source depends 

Java Beginners

IO in java
IO in java  Your search mechanism will take as input a multi-word query and will return a list of documents where the given words appear. 1. Your... of the file will contain a multi-word query. The output of your program will be a text 

Java Beginners

java io
java io  Write a program to use a File object and print even numbers from two to ten. Then using RandomAccessFile write numbers from 1 to 5. Then using seek () print only the last 3 digits 

Java Beginners

Standard deviation
Standard deviation  program to calculate the standard deviation of an array of values.the array elements are read from terminal.use function to calculate standard deviation and mean 

Programming Tutorials

JSP Standard Actions
JSP Standard Actions In this section, we will learn about JSP standard Action & their elements with some examples. JSP Standard action are predefined... from an external system. They can be used to include a file at the request time 

Java Beginners

retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width
retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width  Hi . Here is my code to retrieve an image from mysql db. Its working properly. But i.... Thanks in advance. <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html 

Java Beginners

retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width
retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width  Hi . Here is my code to retrieve an image from mysql db. Its working properly. But i.... Thanks in advance. <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html 

Java-Tutorials

Command Line Standard Output In Java
Command Line Standard Output In Java In this section we will discuss about the Command Line Java IO Standard Output. Standard streams, feature of various O/S, are written through standard output in Java. Standard streams can 

Programming Tutorials

Standard Action "jsp:plugin"
Standard Action <jsp:plugin> In this Section, we will discuss about standard action "jsp:plugin" & their implementation using a example...; [ <jsp:fallback> text message for user </jsp:fallback> ]    

Java-Tutorials

Command Line Standard Error In Java
Command Line Standard Error In Java In this section we will discuss about the Command Line Java IO Standard Error. System.out and System.err both are for Standard output but, System.err separates the error output. System.err 

Java Beginners

How to read the data in text file seperated by by ',' in java using IO Operations
How to read the data in text file seperated by by ',' in java using IO Operations  in Text file data like raju 45,56,67 ramu 46,65,78 raji 34,23,56 this is the student marks in text file.this data read and calculate 

Java Beginners

Creating a File I/O using import scanner, io.* and text.*
Creating a File I/O using import scanner, io.* and text.*  open a file for reading and open another file for writing data. input file hours-int, hourly rate-double, name-string. output file name-string, hours-int, hourly rate 

Java Beginners

io - Java Beginners
io  how to give the input like integer data,float data from the keyboard pls give me the information along with the example  Hi friend... + "."); } } ---------------------------------------------------- Read for more information 

Programming Tutorials

JSP Standard Action 'jsp:useBean'
JSP Standard Action <jsp:useBean> This action let you use java bean..." : Instantiates a Bean from either a class or a serialized template, using...; content="en-us"> <style type="text/css"> 

JSP Servlet Questions

standard action - JSP-Servlet
standard action  Any one please tell me what is the function of standard actions tags and the deatils of its atrributes along with example.  hi friend.. Action Allow you to specify components from a tag library 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO Path
Java IO Path In this section we will discuss about the Java IO Path. Storage... called the delimiter. The file separator varies from O/S to O/S for example... a file uses the complete directory path from root node to file is an absolute 

Programming Tutorials

JSP Standard Actions 'jsp:setProperty' & 'jsp:getProperty'
JSP Standard Actions <jsp:setProperty> & <jsp:getProperty>... from the client to the server. If the Bean property and the request parameter..., boolean, Boolean, byte, Byte, char, and Character via the standard valueOf 

JDBC Questions

Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition,
Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition,  Once I have the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, from Sun, what else do I need to connect to a database 

JavaScript Questions

Text From Your Clipboard?
Text From Your Clipboard?  Text From Your Clipboard 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO FileReader
of this file is treated as stream of raw bytes. Then tried to read data from the file using read() method inherited from its super class. And then simply display the read streams from the file to the console. Source Code import 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO LineNumberReader
of text. In this example line of text will be read from the file and displayed... is used to get the line number from stream when the data is being read... to read a character from the stream. Syntax : public int read() throws 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO InputStream Example
IOException   read(byte[] b) : This method is used to read the byte from...) : This method is used to read bytes from the input stream upto the len bytes... have a source from where the stream can be read by the InputStream so I have 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO SequenceInputStream Example
by the stream. read() : This method is used to read the bytes from the input stream...; and an instance of FileInputStream which reads the data input stream from the text...Java IO SequenceInputStream Example In this tutorial we will learn about 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO OutputStream
Java IO OutputStream In this section we will read about the OutputStream class... as a result text of read.txt file will be read by the input stream and write them... array started from the specified offset (off) to the output stream. public 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO Writer
Java IO Writer In this section we will discuss about the Writer class in Java... in or to facilitate to write (output) the character streams. Classes descended from this class... from offset 'off'. Syntax : public abstract void write(char[] cbuf 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO PrintWriter
Java IO PrintWriter In this tutorial we will learn about the the PrintWriter.... To print these objects to the text output stream all the print method... to write specified part of an array of characters started from the offset off 

DMCA.com