Is it good to upgrade from your current version of Windows to latest Windows 8 or will it be difficult to adjust with all the new features. Lets take a look at the advantages (pros) and disadvantages (cons) of Windows 8:
- Installation time of Windows 8 takes only 10 minutes.
- Windows 8 is much faster to boot, shutdown, resume from hibernate and navigate.
- The new User Interface 'Metro' will help merge the tablet and PC.
- Metro theme and layout is unique with a whole lot of cool new features. It allows multitasking and shares the screen with two apps at the same time.
- Microsoft's Smart Glass technology
- Microsoft Security Essentials integrated with Windows 8
- The most important issue is Privacy. If the users are not alert during installing Windows 8, they might end up granting location access to many of the Windows 8 apps. (To change this - Go to Change PC Settings and from there, move the slider to Turn OFF location access completely).
- New layout may be a bit difficult for some user to get used to.
- Some programs, games and applications are not yet compatible with Windows 8.
- Most of the applications, which were designed to work with Windows 7, are not working in Windows 8.
- System tray is gone and determining where programs have gone when minimized is difficult.
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.