Here you will find the list of widely used free Gatekeepers for your VoIP system. These Gatekeepers provide centralized call management functions such as user location, authentication, bandwidth management, address translation, etc. along with bandwidth management.
Following is the list of Free VoIP Gatekeepers:
OpenH323 Gatekeeper - The GNU Gatekeeper
The GNU Gatekeeper (GnuGk) is a full featured H.323 gatekeeper, available freely under GPL license. It is based on the Open H.323 stack. Both components together form the basis for a free IP telephony system (VOIP).
The GNU Gatekeeper is very stable. It is being used commercially by many organizations to provide VOIP services.
* we provide executables for Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris and MacOS X
* can be run as a Windows service
* accounting and call authorization via SQL database, Radius, file or external application
* flexible call routing
* number rewriting (calling and called)
* support for NAT traversal
* full H.323 proxy
* TCP interface to applications
* CTI functions (eg. VOIP call-center, call transfers)
* gatekeeper clustering support (neighbors, parent/child, alternates)
* H.235 security
* graphical user interface
OpenGatekeeper is an Open Source H.323 Gatekeeper based on the work done by the OpenH323 project.
It runs on Linux, FreeBSD and Win32 platforms
OpenGatekeeper supports all the basic features of an H.323 Gatekeeper such as registration, admissions and access control, address translation and bandwidth monitoring and control.
It also supports many advanced features such as:
* Gatekeeper routed calls
* Support of H.323v2 alias types (party number, URL, transport id and email address)
* Support for gateway prefixes
* Registration and call activity logs
* Neighbour gatekeeper database
* Registration time to live
Liked it! Share this Tutorial