A Business Analyst (BA) in an organisation is basically involved in analysing
existing operations of the organisation including businesses, departments, and
organizational processes. In addition to that, business analysts also assess
business models and their integration with technology.
The basic Job Responsibilities of a Business Analyst includes:
- Gathering information, understanding and analysing the key requirements
for the business or project, and converting them into functional
specifications and detailed test plans.
- Provide feedback for the existing systems, functions and processes of
the organisation on daily basis.
- Analysis of ongoing process to identify the problem and provide
solutions as required.
- Working in collaboration with the project committee to understand the
business requirements as needed for the success of the project.
- Maintain good relationship with the management and project committee to
understand the business requirements.
- Identify the requirements of the resources and define proper work plan
and project deliverables.
- Carry out analysis and documentation of business processes
- Make workflows and present the results of business analysis to the
clients as per the specification to declare a project success.
- To act as a link between the customer, development team and any third
party, if involved mostly for software functionality, throughout the
- Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts
- Management of change requests related to the project on daily basis.
- Make effective plans to meet the project deadlines.
- Suggest other departments that are affected by the development,
maintenance, and implementation of all applicable systems
- Enhance processes within the organisation in order to increase the level
and quality of service provided to internal and external customers