Spring Springpart2

11 comments so far (post your own) View All Comments Latest 10 Comments:

f:\springdemo>set path=c:\windows\command;g:\jdk1.5\bin
(* Set path for jdk1.5 or jdk1.4.2 only. )
f:\springdemo>set classpath=f:\springdemo;
f:\springdemo\spring.jar;

f:\springdemo\commons-logging.jar

I am having trouble with these things. I could not able to run the first spring program. Could be plz explain what I can do to make it run?

Posted by AG on Monday, 10.12.09 @ 11:51am | #91683

Hi There,
Its not able to hello.xml in classpath , hence its giving IOException. In eclipse just point classpath to the folder in which the hello.xml is placed and it will work fine

Posted by angelina on Monday, 11.17.08 @ 11:52am | #81752

javac helloclient.java -cp /home/user/Desktop/springdemo/spring.jar:/home/user/Desktop/springdemo/commons-logging.jar

helloclient.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class hello
location: class helloclient
hello bean1=(hello)factory.getBean("hello1");
^
helloclient.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol : class hello
location: class helloclient
hello bean1=(hello)factory.getBean("hello1");
^
2 errors

I tried export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/home/user/Desktop/springdemo but still not able to compile without above (-cp) method. Please help me on Ubuntu. This is for 1st example

Posted by needshelp on Thursday, 10.16.08 @ 01:36am | #81108

I don't know why, But in Line: BeanFactory factory = new XmlBeanFactory(res); I get time out error and exception.
this is the exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [hello.xml]; nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out.

I think it is not able to parse "hello.xml".
can you help me with that.

Posted by hossein on Monday, 10.13.08 @ 17:07pm | #81045

Here's the web.xml you need:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app
PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>servletclient</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>servletclient</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>servletclient</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/servlet/servletclient</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Posted by LJS on Monday, 10.6.08 @ 16:06pm | #80926

Where should I place the hello.xml if I am developing a web application using eclipse IDE?

Posted by Murali on Saturday, 09.27.08 @ 01:50am | #80731

After I click on the Submit Query button, I get this error message:
HTTP Status 404 - /servlet/servletclient
The requested resource (/servlet/servletclient) is not available.

I'm guessing it can't find the file servletclient.class under the c:\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes

Could it be that it doesn't like the space in "Tomcat 6.0"?

Thanks,
Patrick

Posted by Patrick on Wednesday, 08.6.08 @ 09:38am | #71249

Could you please tell me how to add an entry in the web.xml file in this example......

Posted by Shobhana Katukuri on Wednesday, 07.30.08 @ 01:29am | #69850

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lo
gging/LogFactory
at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.<clinit>(ClassUtils.java:73)
at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.<init>(ClassPathResourc
e.java:82)
at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.<init>(ClassPathResourc
e.java:64)
at helloclient.main(helloclient.java:19)

i am getting this exception, when iam running hello. java program with setting all the path and class paths..why..what is the problem

Posted by sivakumar on Thursday, 07.3.08 @ 20:01pm | #65537

Just wanted to say how well this works. Very quick demo apps. Esp delighted getting the servlet running in tomcat.
Thanks, its been a great help.
Des

Posted by JavaRocket on Wednesday, 07.2.08 @ 15:10pm | #65327

I've copied everything verbatim. The only questionable part may be the "Add entry to web.xml file".

Can you please provide me with how the web.xml file should look like? I have it as:

...
<servlet>
<servlet-name>servletclient</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>servletclient</servlet-class>
<servlet-name>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.apache.jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
</servlet>
...

but it does work.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted by Robinson on Wednesday, 04.30.08 @ 01:58am | #58150