Struts Struts2 Struts2validation

15 comments so far (post your own) View All Comments Latest 10 Comments:

hello everybody i'm trying to integrate validation on my web app so first i created LoginAction-validation.xml (for LoginAction Action) and i activated validation for my form (validate="true") , but where i execute the program and i look at javascript code generated i find something like:
<script type="text/javascript">
function validateForm_LoginAction() {
form = document.getElementById("LoginAction");
clearErrorMessages(form);
clearErrorLabels(form);

var errors = false;

return !errors;
}
</script>
so any validation is done , the result is always true,could someone help me.

Posted by MOHAMED ANASS on Friday, 08.6.10 @ 13:58pm | #98744

i used client side validation in struts 2 .but message will display only on the top of the component.i want to display it on the top of the page ya right side of the component.

Que: how to configure parameter for the message tag or any other alternative solution?

Posted by brijesh on Tuesday, 07.20.10 @ 11:35am | #98302

i want to know about struts application with validations using database.

Posted by swapna on Tuesday, 11.10.09 @ 09:12am | #92460

Is it possible to use the same validation file for 2 actions in Struts 2? If so, how?
How to implement validation for - if start date is > end date in validation.xml
Thanks.

Posted by Dipsy on Monday, 08.17.09 @ 20:13pm | #90085

I have tried Login.jsp and Login.java example. IT is working fine for me. But, i am not able to make out which is model part and which is controller part in this exmaple. login.jsp is view-part in (MVC). which represents Model and Controller in this example?

Can anyone please explain me this. I am new to Struts.

Posted by Ashvini on Monday, 12.22.08 @ 23:55pm | #83068

i have an issue on struts validation. i have created a Action-validation.xml file there i have defined 2 fileds as requiredstring. but in some pages i do not want to validate two fileds i want validation to be done for one field

Posted by sorup on Wednesday, 12.17.08 @ 07:52am | #82873

hi,
this is sampath.Iam facing the problem with daterimepicker of clientside validation using javascript.
every time i getting the value of datetimepicker is 1565.
how to solve the problem with javascript.
please give the some solution for the datetimepicker
thanks and regards
sampath

Posted by sampth reddy on Monday, 11.17.08 @ 03:53am | #81739

I want to validate username and password by accessing the DB.Im using the FORM based authentication and I'm using the JBOSS server After the authentication of the server I want to load the next page how can I do that using struts 2

Posted by Prabu on Friday, 10.24.08 @ 15:34pm | #81300

I have three to four Option Button how can i Valiate the selected button

Posted by subash on Monday, 09.8.08 @ 17:20pm | #78017

I am getting an error with JBoss 5 RC1 :
URI scheme is not "file"

Posted by bob on Sunday, 09.7.08 @ 10:51am | #77685

I lost my theme when the validation result is false.

How can I force to have a single theme for the app?

Posted by juan pablo on Tuesday, 03.4.08 @ 03:01am | #51223

Its really helpful

Posted by vajahat ali on Monday, 01.28.08 @ 16:57pm | #46404

Thanks yar, Its really helpful meterial, Chak dey RoseIndia!!!

Vajahat,Lahore, Pakistan

Posted by Vj Ali on Monday, 01.28.08 @ 16:50pm | #46401

how can use validiation in struts

Posted by vinay on Tuesday, 10.30.07 @ 12:41pm | #35136

what if the application require the message field in the validation.xml being supported by different languages?

Posted by Sanmao on Friday, 09.14.07 @ 19:36pm | #26991