Java Example Java Io MovingFile

9 comments so far (post your own) View All Comments Latest 10 Comments:

When I try to move a file for example a text file, it doesnt let me but moving a folder will work. What if I wanted to copy the folder/file to another directory and keep the original?

Posted by brian on Wednesday, 04.8.09 @ 11:35am | #86635

Explanation with the sample code was very helpful. Thank you.

Posted by Arshiya on Friday, 12.19.08 @ 05:32am | #82966

i m not getting the meaning of statement:-
for(File child : childFiles)
As i m using java1.4.2_06 and getting error in the program given by you.
Please help out.

Posted by naveen verma on Friday, 03.7.08 @ 17:19pm | #51842

I use the line destDir.mkdirs() instead of destDir.mkdir() in the function copyDirectory(File sourceDir, File destDir), and it works
It was very helpfull

Posted by mounstrigirl on Saturday, 02.23.08 @ 23:41pm | #49691

Moving File code has been very usefull. I had been looking around the whole week for something like that. I am doing java at college. Thanks for this code. Could you be contacted in future for some java help?
Deo
Wisconsin, USA.

Posted by Deo on Thursday, 02.7.08 @ 11:51am | #47490

Its very helpfull and reduced the lot of working time of me.nice example.

Posted by venu on Monday, 11.26.07 @ 19:32pm | #40557

Its very helpfull and reduced the lot of working time of me.nice example.

Posted by venu on Monday, 11.26.07 @ 19:27pm | #40554

I tried using the same way to move files in java but the behavior is very inconsistent - it copies successfully but sometimes deletes and sometimes not.

Please see if you can suggest some other solution for file movement

Posted by Jyoti on Thursday, 01.25.07 @ 19:46pm | #4364

I don't think it is in business,in fact it can not work well when I tried to move a folder to another dirctory

Posted by flyhaotian on Tuesday, 12.12.06 @ 12:59pm | #883