It is the time to release of SLAMPPLite. Here are some changes that have been made with this release: updated and upgraded existing applications included in previous SLAMPPLite live CD; powered by XAMPP 1.5.1 and now it exists as module; based on Slackware current; used Linux kernel 2.6.16; compiled with Linux Live scripts 5.4.1; added NASLite file server applications of Server Elements for SMB, FTP and NFS; added AbiWord 2.4.1....
Information about the SlamppLite
SLAMPP is a generic Linux distribution that can boot directly from a CD-ROM, or optionally can be installed on a local hard drive. It is designed to be used as an "instant home server". Similar to other Linux LiveCD distributions, SLAMPP gives a user new to Linux the chance to experiment with a non-Windows operating system, without the risk of changing or re-configuring the user's existing system. SLAMPP comes with preconfigured tools and applications that allow a personal computer to function as a server. Can you imagine how handy it is to have and carry a linux live CD that provides all things you need to setup such kind of server?
Important Feature1. Turns a personal computer into an instant home server which provides support for common protocols, such as: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, POP,
2. Modularity. The ability to add
additional tools and applications easily in the form of modules. Each new
module will be integrated seamlessly
during the booting process. Aside from all the modules provided in the Live CD, custom modules can be created. The tools to do this can be
found on the Live CD.
3. Webmasters and web developers can use SLAMPP to show
their work to others. To support this feature special scripts have been
in the LiveCD. They only need to burn all files onto the CD and SLAMPP will take care of the rest.
4. Uses linux kernel 2.6 which provides better support for hardware.5. All setting and configuration changes made during use can be stored on the harddisk and restored for next session.
6. Can be installed onto the harddisk to access the server permanently.
7. Equipped with firewall, antivirus and content scanner.
8. Uses slapt-get∞, Autopackage∞ and swaret∞ for package management tools and Xfce∞ as desktop environment.
1. Updated and upgraded existing applications included in previous SLAMPPLite Live CD
2. Powered by XAMPP 1.5.1 and now it exists as
module (xampp_1_5_1.mo). It makes it easier to replace XAMPP when a new package is
available. It can be found and put in /modules directory on the Live CD.
3. Based on Slackware current
4. Used linux kernel 2.6.16
5. Compiled with Linux Live scripts 5.4.1
6. Added NASLite File Servers applications of Server
Elements for SMB, FTP and NFS. They can be found under /tools directory of CD.
These amazing tools have been added as they are found to be useful. More information about NASLite can be read here. Thanks to Server
Elements for letting me include their softwares.
7. Added Abiword 2.4.1. The intention was to make you more productive while using Live CD.
8. Added Freerock GNOME support via slapt-get. In case you want to install GNOME.
9. New hard disk installation program provided by
10. Web documents installation scripts is now separated from XAMPP boot scripts. You can execute it from Xfce menu, or manully: bash
Click here to Download http://slampp.abangadek.com/
Recommend the tutorial