QiLinux 2.0rc1 is now available for download. We have spent more time to realize this release candidate to further improve stability and usability. A list of the most important changes follows: KDE 3.5.2, the new version of the KDE desktop environment; Linux kernel 18.104.22.168; new 'supernova' theme for QiLinux 2.0; improvement in the graphical installation; better support for SCSI and SATA disks during installation; QiLinux can now be installed on VMware virtual machines; fixed all bugs reported by beta testers.
About the QiLinux
QiLinux is a Linux distribution made completely from scratch. It has the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers in order to creare a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Some important changes
1. KDE 3.5.2, the new version of the KDE desktop environment
2. Linux kernel 22.214.171.124
3. New 'supernova' theme for QiLinux 2.0 free
4. Improvement in the graphical installation
5. Better support for SCSI and SATA disks during installation
6. QiLinux can now be installed on VMware virtual machines
7. Fixed all bugs reported by beta testers
Something about new
1. fix grub boot loader installation
2. fix installation without proprietary video drivers
3. configure sound card with jack for (half duplex) secondary device when primary (full duplex) device doesn't work
4. fix error on adding foomatic printers via kde interface
5. fix keyboard problem on second stage install
6. add tool for boot loader recovery from install media (select "8" on boot)
7. fix scanner support
8. remove sensitive data (passwords) from installation files on failure as well
9. qist graphical installer fixes
10.Other small fixes
Click here to download http://www.qilinux.it/
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.