Berry Linux is a bootable CD Linux with automatic hardware detection and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. Berry Linux can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD or as a rescue system. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk, although this option is also available (it needs 1.2GB of hard disk space). Berry Linux is based on Red Hat Linux and Knoppix.
The latest release of the Fedora-based live CD ships with an upgraded kernel 22.214.171.124 (with SMP support, ndev/udev and bootsplash patches), KDE 3.5.1, Firefox 126.96.36.199 and Thunderbird 1.5. The lightweight Fluxbox window manager has been replaced with what looks like an alternative developed in-house and going under the name of "Rasp-UI". Wine 0.9.2 has been added to Berry Linux for the first time.
Berry Linux is a bootable CD Linux, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. If you have network devices, auto-configure DHCP and you can use Internet. And you can enjoy OpenOffice, MS Office compatible office suite, or use GIMP by free.
Berry Linux can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD, rescue system. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. But it's able to install on hard disk. (Needs 1.7GB free space. Using Berry Linux Installer)
Berry Linux is based on Red Hat Fedora Core 4, Knoppix 3.8.
Some important Features
1. Support for Kernel-2.6. ALSA, ACPI, selinux.
2. Overlay Filesystem Support.
3. Berry Linux is not necessary to install. (Root partition is in the ramdisc using initrd, all commands are operated by being transfered from
4. Install without parting patitions on Windows to use install.bat. (Using squashfs/cloop/loopback device)
5. It's possible to install Berry Linux on hard disk. (Use Berry Linux Installer or Copy under /BERRY/, and set up LILO)
6. Berry Linux can boot from USB-HDD/memory.
7. Berry Linux uses WHIZ, a very sharp Kana-Kanji conversion system. (WHIZ Project)
8. Automatically recognizes USB storage, and show icons.
9. Berry Linux uses free Japanese True Type Fonts.
10. Berry Linux uses bootsplash when booting.
11 Berry Linux uses DHCP to connect the Network. (If you'd like to use PPPoE, you should setting up it on the Terminal)
12. It's possible to save personal setting.
13. Red Hat Fedora compatible.
14. Using new technologies.
Berry Linux's Features
1.You can listen to mp3 using XMMS, and play DVD/DivX using MPlayer and
2.You can edit files of Microsoft Word, Excel by OpenOffice(TM).
Download Berry Linux from here berry-0.67.iso (478.5MB) MD5:cb6afd8c1c04257528ee7e20e901afe2
for latest information.
Recommend the tutorial