This is primarily a bug-fix release with a few software upgrades and boot time improvements. The details: the BeleniX FAQ is now online at the Genunix WIKI; fixed the locale issue in BeleniX's X.Org 6.9.0 build; modified OpenMotif to be more compatible with Solaris motif; included libusb and libusbugen from the recently released SFW consolidation source code; fixed some issues with the 'startkde' and 'startxfce' scripts; included SVR4 packaging tools (as in Solaris) so commands like 'pkgadd' and 'pkgrm' work; included a modified 'pkg-get' script...
About the BeleniX
BeleniX is a *NIX distribution that is built using the OpenSolaris source base. It is currently a live CD but is intended to grow into a complete distribution that can be installed to hard disk. BeleniX is developed at the India Engineering Centre of Sun Microsystems in Bangalore, the silicon capital of India.This is primarily a Bugfix release with a few software upgrades and boottime improvements. The details are as below:
1. The BeleniX
FAQ is now online at the Genunix WIKI
3. Modify openmotif to be more compatible with Solaris motif. Also included and rebuilt openmotif using Berkeley YACC.
4. Included libusb and libusbugen from the recently released SFW consolidation source code.
6. Fix some issues with the startkde and startxfce scripts
7. Harddisk install was broken again in 0.4.1.
This was due to an improper configuration for the boot-archive service. This
resulted in the boot
archive not being generated after install. Though this issue had a workaround.
8. Included SVR4 Packaging tools (as in Solaris) so commands like pkgadd and pkgrm work.9. Included a modified pkg-get script. This coupled with the SVR4 Packaging tools and a Solaris patch now allow Blastwave packages to
Firefox and Thunderbird to 1.5 release versions. The latest versions have
some problems if compiled using gcc 3.4.3. Building
using gcc 3.4.2 works fine.
11. Fix hdinstaller to generate mountpoint for
/export/home instead of /home since on OpenSolaris /home is traditionally used
12. Update hdinstaller to allocate more space for /usr in the default auto-layout.
13. Fix hdinstaller to properly mount all additional mountpoints before performing the file copy.
14. Added the shared-mime-info package from
freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info. The absence of this was
Evince from working.
15. Added a default definition of XDG_DATA_DIRS so that gnome apps like evince can locate mime data and icons.16. Disabled 4 more services (including a couple of nfs services) and changed the dependency of the xserver service, simplified some more
17. Increased compression segment size to 128KB. This
gives better compression ratio. Also improved preload performance by touching
only one page in a compression segment which is enough to cache the entire 128KB segment. This reduces double-caching overhead. Since
only one 8K page is touched, only one in 16 pages is double cached which is about 6% of the total. Thus this improves effectiveness of
preloading in systems with less RAM.
18. Thanks to smbios Xorg GUI now works on the Ferrari 4000 laptop.
19. Fixed a panic on systems with PCI-X hotplugging. This was caused by a couple of missing kernel modules (pciehpc, gfx_private).
Click here to Download http://www.genunix.org/distributions/belenix_site/belenix_download.html
Liked it! Share this Tutorial