JDK 8 - Developer Preview Released, Check the features of JDK , Download
JDK 8 Developer preview release and share you comments with community
Java Development Kit (JDK) 8 is all set to launch in March 2014 with its latest and modified version to explore with the new aspects. JDK has played crucial role for the programmer in exploring features and it has lot of expectation for the professionals with the newly to be launched JDK 8 in terms of features and innovation.
JDK 8 Features: In fact, the main reason and goal behind the launching of the JDK 8 is to provide an open source context for the utilization of the Java SE 8 program. Lambda, is the single driving features of the JDK 8 where as JEP Process were also to be included in the new title.
Certainly it is going to be a huge impact in the field of programming with the launching of JDK 8 as it will make easy for programmer in their collection framework and other benefits in their program. It is also all set to play another significant role in the use of high performance application during the programming work. Code concise, clear and more readable version are such area where programmers were bound to face some troubles but after the launching of JDK 8, it will witnesses a biggest changes in the field of programming.
These are the areas where you can find documentation for specific JDK 8 for its enhancement:-
- Language and Library Enhancements: Lambada expressions are the features, which supports the system including references and virtual extension methods with the java programming languages.
- Security Enhancement: There is a server name indication (SNI) extension, which provides the system, which indicates the name of server name. JDK 8 support is needed for the extension of SNI also and is also improve the security of JDK's method handle implementation.
- Internationalization Enhancement: The internationalization and localization group is those kind of process which enables you to change how create extensible applications which are those you can extend easily.
- Tool Enhancement: It is also another important features which required to be enhanced as in java SE 8, the format has completely required to be updated.
- Platform and System Support Enhancement: Needless to say, JDK 8 has the ability which enables the system in supporting the Linux ARMv7 bases functions. There are some complications with the system and it was required to update in the function.
- Removed Features: There are various features like apt Tool, JDBC, Old Java Plug in etc which has become old fashioned and there is a need to be changed or removed from the system. Certainly it is a challenge for the launching during JDK8 to equip with removing the features.
- Upcoming Documentation: Apart from the above, there are various other areas where it was documentation needed to be enhances. Security enhancement, Deployment enhancement, networking enhancement and Library enhancement, language and Tools and other enhancement are the areas, which are the key areas for the enhancement and changes.
You can download JDK 8 developer preview release from
Check the latest JDK 8 Tutorials and sample
We have 1000s of tutorials on our website. Search Tutorials tutorials on our website.