Home Discussion Discuss: Login Authentication using Bean and Servlet In JSP

• placing files to which foldersrajesh April 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

sir i m using tomcat so i want to know that where should i placed the file login.java in the classes folder or in jsp-examples folder

• error i palcin the fielsrajesh April 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM

it gives me following error HTTP Status 404 - /jsp-examples/hello type Status report message /jsp-examples/hello description The requested resource (/jsp-examples/hello) is not available.

• hi tara April 17, 2011 at 6:23 AM

can u please explain me the step 2 and 3 in more detail why is that jsp page required why the mapping is required

• checkdarshan July 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM

How you are calling login.java servlet from jsp?

• IF SQL 2k5mrbui July 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM

IF I want connect by SQL Server 2005 then I do how?? Sorry, english level very bad! ^^

• ThanksVlad June 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM

worked for me!

• Suggestion about your articlesLAKSHMIKANTH VALLAMPATI September 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Dear Roseindia, Your articles are very good. All your articles are explains the MySQL connectivity. If you provide the jsp and java database connectivity with ORACLE then roseindia is very much benefial for many more programmers. Why because many of the universities having oracle in thier academic curriculum. Thank you

• Wrong code postedDeepak Mishra September 26, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I used the code but it appears as wrong. in forwarding the page name has been mentioned as wrong. <jsp:forward page="hello"> <jsp:param name="username" value="<%=db.getUserName()%>" /> <jsp:param name="password" value="<%=db.getPassword()%>" /> </jsp:forward> instead of hello it will be login

• feedbackd February 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

it only goes to the success page. no matter if the values entered are valid or no.

• sql query comprison is case-insensitiveBarun October 13, 2011 at 1:12 AM

It was very useful to me to go through it. Thanks a lot for that. But, one thing that I found is that the login-credentials check is case-insensitive.

• Something not clear.Kofi December 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

In the code bellow what does the stand for. <jsp:forward page="hello"> <jsp:param name="username" value="<%=db.getUserName()%>" /> <jsp:param name="password" value="<%=db.getPassword()%>" /> </jsp:forward>

• login pagekhushi March 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM

nice help..

• For those getting errorsWolf January 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM

If you are getting error: "resource not found" ; then, simply made the following change in loginbean.jsp --> in place of "hello" write "login" --> here login is the login.java Illustrated: <jsp:forward page="hello"> //**--> make change here <jsp:param name="username" value="<%=db.getUserName()%>" /> <jsp:param name="password" value="<%=db.getPassword()%>" /> change it to: <jsp:forward page="login"> <jsp:param name="username" value="<%=db.getUserName()%>" /> <jsp:param name="password" value="<%=db.getPassword()%>" /> Note: Also see welcome.jsp. If you get error like 'string caannot be declared here', then do this, <% String user = null; **rest code same// Hope it helped, Wolf

• Getting errorkarthika February 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Am getting error when i click submit button in this app..

• helloRamesh February 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

thanks

• html,servlet,jspPunitha February 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

please provide the code and explanation using db2 and RAD for login page authentication

• use of bean .ann March 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM

why ur using bean like loginbean and all here. without bean we cant do login procedure. pls help me

• j2eewajid May 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM

lot of thanks....!

• error in loginbean.jsp filesoumya May 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM

i found some difficulties while running these codes in eclipse: in loginbean.jsp page:: 7th line (<jsp:useBean id="db" scope="request" class="logbean.LoginBean" >)--> shows error "multiple annotation found at this line, undefined type" 14th line(<jsp:param name="username" value="<%=db.getUserName()%>" />) and 15th line (<jsp:param name="password" value="<%=db.getPassword()%>" />) lines showing the same error--> db cannot be resolved.. can any one help me out with the solution?

• ThanksFury91 May 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Nice Tutorial, thanks :)

• jspbeanloginpratik June 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM

hey friend i am getting arror /jspbeanlogin/ not found when i m trying to run the code in netbeans. please help me out.

• in response to error while runningbebop June 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM

in regards to the following error: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jspbeanlogin/loginbean.jsp(9,57) Attribute value request.getParameter("userName") is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40) This is a small syntax error in loginbean.jsp...to resolve this issue replace all occurences of value="" with value='' as follows value="<%=request.getParameter("userName")%>" with value='<%=request.getParameter("userName")%>' /* single quotations*/ has something to do with jsp 2.0 I think.

• class attribute logbean.LoginBean is invalidbebop June 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM

after resolving the syntax error in loginbean.jsp I ran into another issue that I am still trying to resolve. I now recieve the following error from apache tomcat6: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jspbeanlogin/loginbean.jsp(7,0) The value for the useBean class attribute logbean.LoginBean is invalid. I've tried moving LoginBean.java into folder logbean which is where LoginBean.class resides. I am about to recompile the file and see if this works. If anyone has come accross this, help is greatly appreciated!

• Need a HelpPratik June 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Hey Brother can you please tell me how i should put this file in a folder in webapp. and what change i need to do to run this program in my machine. thanks.

• error issue milot July 11, 2012 at 2:35 AM

am having on error on login servlet java strQuery="select * from userregister where username='"+username+"' and password='"+userpass+"'"; is there any wrong spelling or missing quotation

• Username and PasswordRudra Chauhan July 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I am entering a random username and password bec i dnt know what the values to be entered. on submit click this is showing... /loginbean.jsp (line: 9, column: 57) Attribute value request.getParameter("userName") is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value and if i have to create a database then how should i create it.

• Code not workingGodala August 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM

the above code which u provided is not working. it says the resource hello is not found which u have mentioned in loginbean.jsp

• JSP runnedKB December 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I Runned EFFECTIVLY....... just change from "hello" to "login" its working

• thanksrayhan December 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM

your code helped me a lot. thanks

• errorSagar October 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

message /loginbean.jsp (line: 10, column: 57) Attribute value request.getParameter("userName") is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value

• the above codeAnita October 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

in step4 there is 1 error coming in the following line strQuery="select * from userregister where username='"+username+"' and password='"+userpass+"'"; the error says "unclosed character literal" can u plz solve it...

• Error in loginBean.jspmahesh October 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I tried this application.But i got an error in loginBean.jsp the error seems like "undefinedtype:logbean:LoginBean" can you please help me

• Thanks! Success!Ummu July 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

It's works fine with oracle. Only need to modify a few lines. Thanks alot guys, your comments help me correct a few errors in the code. It's a good practice by using bean instead of compiling everything in jsp page.

• send answers sri December 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM

pls send answers for above questions

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
JSP Tutorials

Login Authentication using Bean and Servlet In JSP
Login Authentication using Bean and Servlet In JSP... developed a web application of login authentication using Bean  in JSP. Five... a webpage "loginbean.jsp" to set the parameter using JSP Bean and forward 

JSP Servlet Questions

jsp page authentication panel using jsp/servlet?
jsp page authentication panel using jsp/servlet?  I have 10 jsp jsp forms and 7 users and i want to grant variour permission like edit,delete and save for users dynamically on forms.So please refer me code 

JSP Servlet Questions

how to make authentication for each user using jsp/servlet?
how to make authentication for each user using jsp/servlet?  i have 10 jsp pages and 5 users.I use 10 buttons for open the page.Admin assign some jsp pages to each user.If admin assign page1 and page2 for user1 then make other 

JSP Servlet Questions

SSL Authentication - JSP-Servlet
SSL Authentication  With the help of a sample code describe the use of SSL Authentication of java clients 

Java Interview Questions

how to create bean using jsp and servlet
how to create bean using jsp and servlet  public class SampleBean... the following links: http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/usingbeansinjsp.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/loginbean.shtml 

JSP Servlet Questions

authentication - JSP-Servlet
authentication  I want to restrict the user not to go Login form when he enters into home page of site.please give me any idea about this. thanks in advance Ramanjaneyulu B +91-9962925266 

JDBC Questions

JDbc Login Authentication
JDbc Login Authentication  Pease Please.. Send Me one Login Authentication Using ComboBox.From Servlet and jsp with sessions I am new to sessions..." value="Login"><input type="reset" Value="Cancel" ></input>< 

JSP Servlet Questions

Login Authentication and session in JSP - JSP-Servlet
Login Authentication and session in JSP  Hi, I am creating an small application in JSP,in which i need to check user authentication and session on each JSP page.Also how do i make logout page. Can you help me 

JSP Servlet Questions

bean object
-beans.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/servlet-jsp-data-list.shtml...bean object  i have to retrieve data from the database and want to store in a variable using rs.getString and that variable i have to use in dropdown 

Java Beginners

login authentication - Java Beginners
login authentication  i 've designed the jsp page for login. now i need to connect it with the bean and do authentication for the login for the "register" table in mysql. can anybody help me with the code immediately 

Java Beginners

basic login and registration web page using jsp and servlet without using bean .....
basic login and registration web page using jsp and servlet without using bean .....  Hello Folks please i m totally beginner so guys please help me with very simple solution..... thnx 

JSP Servlet Questions

Assigning a value to JSP variable from a bean class. - JSP-Servlet
Assigning a value to JSP variable from a bean class.  Hi, I want to know how we can assign value to a JSP variable from a Java Bean. I am using Struts, JSTL. Which tags should I use to assign the value. e.g Kindly 

Spring Framework

Spring Security HTTP basic authentication
Spring Security HTTP basic authentication In this section, you will learn about the HTTP basic authentication in Spring Security. You can configure HTTP basic authentication in spring-security.xml as follows : <!--Spring 

JSP Servlet Questions

Login Authentication using existing Active Directory.
Login Authentication using existing Active Directory.  I need jsp code for login authentication of username and password using already existing Active Directory. Here no need to create active directory.The JSP code should 

EJB Questions

calling a session bean bean from servlet using netbeans - EJB
calling a session bean from servlet using netbeans  How to call a session bean from servlet using netbeans in Java 

Java Beginners

login authentication - Java Beginners
login authentication  i 've problem in authenticating users thru jsp and java bean. cud u pls help me. here is the bean and jsp code samples. after giving user name and pwd in the jsp page, though it is wrong the jsp page shows 

JSP Interview Questions

bean - JSP-Interview Questions
bean  what is use bean in jsp?  Hi Friend, Please visit the following links: http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/using-bean-counter.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/java-bean-example-jsp.shtml Hope 

JSP Servlet Questions

login and registration form using servlet and authentication through mysql
login and registration form using servlet and authentication through mysql  i made a simple login and rgistration form using servlet... the Username: Enter the Password: Login here signup.java(servlet) import 

JSP Servlet Questions

Using Scriplet in JSP - JSP-Servlet
on } IN HOME JSP ****** home.jsp **** Currently I am directly using...Using Scriplet in JSP  Hi, I need to display suitable fields in my jsp but this should be done upon suitable condition becomes true for eg 

Swing AWT

Login authentication
Login authentication  i want d code for login authentication from mysql database on the same pc using swings 

Swing AWT

Login authentication
Login authentication  i want d code for login authentication from mysql database on the same pc using swings 

Java Beginners

How to get the output of JSP program using Bean
visit the following link: http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/using-bean-counter.shtml...How to get the output of JSP program using Bean  Hi Kindly go... program for the above one by using Bean and i opened the Tomcat webserver 

Java servlets Tutorial

Use Java Bean In Servlets
of this Bean in servlet and using the set method of bean, we have passed some values...Use Java Bean In Servlets In this you will learn how to use Java Bean in Servlets. For this purpose, we have created a Bean named 'Person' and defined three 

JSP Servlet Questions

Jsp count and java bean - JSP-Servlet
Jsp count and java bean  Please am on a project and i want to create a countdown timer that will have this format HH:MM:SS. Am working with jsp and java beans please somebody help.  Hi Friend, Try the following 

Java Beginners

How to get the output of jsp program using Bean
; Next i created JSP program for the above one by using Bean and i opened...How to get the output of jsp program using Bean  Hello my Roseindia..." %> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Use Bean Counter Example < 

Java Beginners

Login authentication & mysql - Java Beginners
Login authentication & mysql  Hi , Could you guide or provide sample coding for the following scenerio. I need to code authentication for user... Authentication with MySql using Java Swing: 1)Create a java class 

Java Interview Questions

Bean
visit the following links: http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/simple-jsp-example/UseBean.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/tutorial/java/jsp/usebean-setproperty.html http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/usingbeansinjsp.shtml 

WebSevices Questions

gmail authentication
request Authentication done using Session If you signout and paste URL It Ask... browser window it asks for authentication how it is possible if anybody knows plz tell 

JSP Tutorials

Using Bean Counter in JSP
Using Bean Counter in JSP       In this section you will learn how the counter bean can be used... bean with a jsp. Here is an example which explains the purpose.     Code 

JSP Tutorials

Authentication in Web Application
in JSP based application using servlet and MySql In this example we will show.... This program constists of a JSP page and a Servlet to authenticate the user against... and authenticate the user. We are using tomcat server for running Servlet 

DMCA.com