Home Discussion Discuss: Chess Application In Java Swing

• Thanksalonon April 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM

thank you it's very simple and easy

• Thanks a LotMarcelo Garca November 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Your code help me a lot! I made a chess - text mode, and now i need to convert for swing. I will use your board at swing. Tks a lot!

• awesomexyz March 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

aweosme code! thanks a ton!! :*

• ErrorAlex July 16, 2012 at 5:35 AM

I receive the following error when attempting to compile this code: ChessGameDemo.java:120: cannot resolve symbol symbol : method setLocationRelativeTo (<null>) location: class javax.swing.JFrame frame.setLocationRelativeTo( null ); ^ 1 error

• Thanks and correctionTamawy November 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Thank you very much for this useful code. The correction is that you should change this code: ///////////////////// if (row == 0) square.setBackground( i % 2 == 0 ? Color.blue : Color.white ); else square.setBackground( i % 2 == 0 ? Color.white : Color.blue ); } //////////////////// To be: /////////////////// if (row == 0) // For odd square square.setBackground( i % 2 == 0 ? Color.white : Color.gray ); else square.setBackground( i % 2 == 0 ? Color.gray : Color.white ); } ///////////////// Because the chess board must start with white upper left corner and end with white lower right corner.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Beginners

Swing Application
Swing Application  hello, i am making swing application in java i am unable to run prog......when my rite clikcing on my project name and clicking thn run it is not showing output .....and when i am cliking on individual java 

Java Beginners

Threads in Java Swing MVC Application
Threads in Java Swing MVC Application  Hello, I am currently making a Java Swing application, but I am having a lot of trouble with implementing threads into my program. I use the MVC paradigm and I just can't seem to implement 

Java Beginners

catching tomcat object to swing application
catching tomcat object to swing application  Hi, I have 2 java projects, one is running on tomcat server and another is at client pc ie swing application. So I need to catch a server side object from swing application. How can I 

Swing AWT

swing application to import a object in a excel
swing application to import a object in a excel  Hi sir, I want to make a swing application where I can import a object in a cell of a excel... no will be inside java code) then go to: 'insert' ribbon>select 'object'>select 

Java Beginners

swing - Java Beginners
Swing application testing  What are the conventions for testing a Java swing application 

Java Beginners

Swing application
Swing application  Hello, I want to develop a Swing application... the application not through web browsers, instead through a Swing desktop application GUIs. Please help me to develop such an application 

Java3D Questions

SWING
SWING  A JAVA CODE OF MOVING TRAIN IN SWING 

Java Beginners

java swing and CSS
java swing and CSS  can css be used in java swing desktop application in different forms for better styles?plzz help 

Swing AWT

swing
swing  Write a java swing program to delete a selected record from a table 

General

Chess Application In Java Swing
.style1 { margin-right: 0px; } Chess Application In Java Swing       In this section, you will learn how to create chess game in java swing 

Swing AWT

Swing
Swing  Write a java swing program to search the details of the students. Searching is performed on studentā??s first name. The details of all those students having same name as in given in searching criterion will be displayed 

Swing AWT

Swing
Swing  Write a java swing program to search the details of the students. Searching is performed on studentā??s first name. The details of all those students having same name as in given in searching criterion will be displayed 

Swing AWT

How to run java swing application from jar files .
How to run java swing application from jar files .  Hello Sir, I developed a java swing application .Now i want to execute it as .exe... the main class program will exit" from "java virtual machine". Plz help me 

SQL Question

How to execute mysql query based on checkboxes values in java swing application.
How to execute mysql query based on checkboxes values in java swing application.  Hello Sir, I have a java swing application and i have to execute query based on selection of checkboxes.Means I have to to execute 

SQL Question

How to execute mysql query based on checkboxes values in java swing application.
How to execute mysql query based on checkboxes values in java swing application.  Hello Sir, I have a java swing application and i have to execute query based on selection of checkboxes.Means I have to to execute 

SQL Question

Java-Tutorials

Changing Look and Feel of Swing Application
and feel for your Swing Application. The look and feel feature of Java Swing provides more interactivity of the frame for user application. Swing allows... Changing Look and Feel of Swing Application   

Java Beginners

Linking excel file with a application tool using swing
Linking excel file with a application tool using swing  I have to link an excel file with my application software using java swing.As soon as i click on the link button a window should open for selecting the excel file(just like 

Blog

Sitemap Java Swing Tutorial
using Swing | Chess Application In Java Swing Jboss 3.0 Tutorial Section 10... Dialog Box Application in Java Swing | Show Message and Confirm Dialog Box...-to-One Relationship | JPA-QL Queries Java Swing Tutorial Section 

Swing AWT

swing
swing  i wanted to create a gui desktop application .that can take the database name and mysql password from text box, and after the click of a button it should show connection status,and go for next from there on button click 

Swing AWT

Date picker in Java Swing
thoroughly . But Sir, I want Time Picker In java swing desktop application..., I want Time Picker In java swing desktop application. In time picker we can... in need of Time Picker just like the Date picker available in java Swing. Kindly 

Java Beginners

Opening IE from Java Swing Application in Kiosk mode
Opening IE from Java Swing Application in Kiosk mode  Hi All, I want to open a URL in IE from my Java Swing application running in Wiindows. I am... in swing application. class OpenBrowser { public static void main(String[] args 

Swing AWT

java - Swing AWT
java  How can my java program run a non-java application. Will it be possible to invoke a gui application using java 

Swing AWT

Java - Swing AWT
. http://www.roseindia.net/java/example/java/swing...Java  How can I run an application of Microsoft Windows like notepad or paint from my swing program?  Hi friend, import java.awt. 

Java Beginners

steps to create desktop application in java swing using eclipse with drag and drop options
steps to create desktop application in java swing using eclipse with drag and drop options  please help to create desktop application in java swing using eclipse with drag and drop and what are the plugins required 

Swing AWT

Java Code - Swing AWT
Java Code  How to Make an application by using Swings JMenuBar and other components for drawing various categories of Charts(Line,Bar etc 

Swing AWT

Java - Swing AWT
Java  Hello friends, I am developing an desktop application in java & I want to change the default java's symbol on the top & put my own symbol there.. Can Anyone help me 

Swing AWT

Combobox application - Swing AWT
Combobox application  hi, i am facing a problem in updation of the comboboxes i m using in an application...for the first time the selectec item does... function...please suggest...  Is it Swing ? If not using 

Swing AWT

How to link a excel file with a application software using java swing
How to link a excel file with a application software using java swing  I have to link an excel file with a application software which I am developing.The excel file will contain questionnaire for surveys.I have this code which 

Swing AWT

How to link a excel file with a application software using java swing
How to link a excel file with a application software using java swing  I have to link an excel file with a application software which I am developing.The excel file will contain questionnaire for surveys.I have this code which 

DMCA.com