Home Discussion Discuss: JavaScript array get elements at random

• ErrorGuest June 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM

It will never pick item 0 of the array(Amit). Use var randomnumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*10) instead.

• Dynamically change text background colorvengat September 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM

<html> <head> <title>Javascript Change CSS Class of Div tag</title> <style type="text/css"> .redText,.blueText { width: 200px; font-family: Arial; } .redText { color : green } .blueText { color : blue } </style> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> function changeCssClass(objDivID) { var Random= (Math.round((Math.random()*100)+1)); var Random1= (Math.round((Math.random()*100)+1)); var Random2= (Math.round((Math.random()*100)+1)); var y=15; var x='#'+Random2+Random+Random1; document.getElementById(objDivID).style.background =x; } </script> </head> <body> <center> <div id="div1" class="redText"> By default text indside this HTML div tag is red. Javascript function will change the CSS class<br /> of this Div tag and <br /> text color will change to blue dynamically. </div> <br /> <input type="button" value="click here" onclick="changeCssClass('div1')" /> </center> </body> </html>

• WRONGStudent April 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

THAT SENTENCE IS WRONG. "It shows three random elements from the array at three position in the HTML page." Because you can get same elements from the array. There is a big chance to get same number from 0 - 9 .

• JavaScript array get elements at randomCurtis May 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hi, You have some useful information on your site. On your code above, I was wondering: var firstRandomNumber = (Math.round((Math.random()*8)+1)) Since 1 is always added to the Math.random()*8 return value, it doesn't seem that you would ever get 0. I used your code with a slight variation. I was thinking something like: var firstRandomNumber = (Math.round(Math.random()*(arrName.length - 1)) might get the full range of the array. Best, Curtis

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
General

JavaScript array get elements at random
JavaScript array get elements at random   ... elements randomly we have printed the array elements by the random index position.... Here is the full example code for printing the array elements by the random 

Programming Tutorials

Generate array of random numbers without repetition
Generate array of random numbers without repetition In the previous section, you have learnt how to generate an array of random numbers from the given array... created an application that will generate the array of random numbers without 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Random Sorting
PHP Array Random Sort PHP provides another kind of sorting which is called Random Sorting,  in PHP shuffle() is used to sort in this manner. This function shuffles an array. Small description of shuffle function is as follows 

JavaScript Questions

Pick at Random
. So far I've gotten it to accept the name entry into the array, and can figure out how to display one name. The problem is how do I get javascript to remove the entry from the array before selecting another name at random 

Java Beginners

random numbers - Java Beginners
java.util.*; class RandomNumberExample { static Random generator = new Random(); public static int get (int[] array) { int rnd = generator.nextInt...random numbers  write a program to accept 50 numbers and display 5 

Java Beginners

random numbers - Java Beginners
RandomNumberExample { static Random generator = new Random(); public static int get (int[] array...random numbers  Hello i need this code to be modified for me to display the random numbers, but not twice or more. I mean i need a number 

General

Find in Array - Calculate Occurrences of Elements in Array
Find in Array - Calculate Occurrences of Elements in Array... to calculate occurrences of elements in an array. Occurrences means, the how many times an element occurs in the array. In this section, you will get more and more 

Java Tips and Examples

Random Numbers - shuffling
rearrange) the elements of an array. Here is how to do that. Random rgen = new... the elements of an array is to write some code as described below. As of Java 2..., ...) in an array, then shuffle the array by randomly exchanging the array elements. The example 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Get Array Length
PHP Get Array Length  To count the array length we use count method... is: int count ($var [,int $mode=COUNT_NORMAL]); Where  $var is an array...() will recursively count the array. This option is beneficial 

Java Code Examples

Create array of random size
Create array of random size In this tutorial, you will learn how to create... the Random class, we have set the random size to array. We have stored the elements randomly into the array. Then to perform an operation on this array, we 

Programming Tutorials

Generate array of random numbers
{ static Random generator = new Random(); public static int get(int[] array...Generate array of random numbers You can generate a random number either by using the Random class or by using the static method Math.random 

Java Beginners

generating random numbers - Java Beginners
generating random numbers  We would like to be able to predict... between 6 and 50 elements inclusive. - Each element of data will be between 10.0...{ public static double avgError(double []array){ double aa[]=new double[5 

Programming Tutorials

JavaScript Array get key
JavaScript Array get key     ... in understanding JavaScript Array get key. For this we implement JavaScript... for loop to iterate this array.. JavaScript_Array_get_key.html 

Java Interview Questions

ARRAY ELEMENTS - Java Interview Questions
ARRAY ELEMENTS  How To Find Out Missing Elements {1,2,3,4,5,to 100}?I Want Source Code 

General

Get Random Number
Get Random Number      ... to describe you a code that helps you in understanding  to Get Random Number. For this we have a class name Get Random Number. Inside the main method we create 

Java Interview Questions

the array list contains similar type of elements or disimilar type of elements
the array list contains similar type of elements or disimilar type of elements  the array list contains similar type of elements or disimilar type of elements 

General

Shift Array Elements in Jasva
Java Shift Array Elements This section illustrates you how to shift the array... to enter the array elements,  the direction of shifting (Right or Left... accordingly and displayed the array with shifted elements. Method that shift 

General

JavaScript Array get key
JavaScript Array get key     ... in understanding JavaScript Array get key. For this we implement JavaScript... for loop to iterate this array..         JavaScript_Array_get 

Java Beginners

Selecting elements of 2D array with GUI
Selecting elements of 2D array with GUI  Hello! I am building... or selected elements of below 2D array (images attached): Year Season 2002 2003... how start with the code for displaying elements of the array selected by user 

Java Beginners

getting random number in java
getting random number in java  getting random number in java Hi everyone, i am trying to get a random number in a particular range. for example... in my Java application but nothing seems to work. In order to get the random 

Java Interview Questions

RANDOM ACCESS FILE CONCEPT
RANDOM ACCESS FILE CONCEPT  Write a program that stores the names of four employees in an array of strings. Store the contents of the array in an alphabetical order in a file and display it back on console. Do not use 

General

JavaScript array sort numerically
JavaScript array sort numerically       As in our previous example of sorting array elements alphabetically we have used the default sort method to sort array elements but here 

Core Java Tutorials

Find sum of all the elements of matrix using Java
array of numbers. The numbers in the matrix are called its entries or its elements... dimensional array. Now to determine the sum of all these elements, we have..., this variable get the sum of all the elements. Here is the code: import java.io. 

Java Tips and Examples

Random numbers - Introduction
Java NotesRandom numbers - Introduction When to use random numbers There are many types of programs that use random numbers. Game programs use them... situation, or a deck of cards must be shuffled. Simulations usually use random 

JavaMail Questions

program of array
program of array  write a program that initializes an array with ten random integers and then prints four lines of output,containing:every element at an even index,every even element,all elements in reverse order,and only 

JavaMail Questions

program in array
that initializes an array with ten random integers and then prints four lines of output,containing:every element at an even index,every even element,all elements in reverse...[]=new int[10]; System.out.println("Array of Random Numbers 

Programming Tutorials

Find sum of the squares of Array elements
Find sum of the squares of Array elements In this section, you will learn how to compute the sum of the squares of the array elements. For this, we have... initialized another array in order to store the square of these array elements 

XML Tutorials

Get XML Elements
Get XML Elements       In this section you will learn to develop a simple java program to get the names of all elements contained in the XML document . Description of the program 

Java Beginners

Array
Array  how can i use elements of an array in a circular form? that is if the searching of the element reach the last elements of the array, then it will start serching from the begining of the array 

Java Beginners

generate random numbers and display the largest
creates an array and fills it with random ints, prints the contents...]; System.out.println("Random Array........"); for( int i = 0; i...generate random numbers and display the largest  Hi, I am using 

DMCA.com