Home Discussion Discuss: JavaScript Array get key

• WrongLJay April 24, 2012 at 6:06 AM

First of all, what you're defining is not an array its an object and you're iterating all properties in the object here. An array would be defined as "var arr = ['rose','stuff'];", also if you try to define an array value by using "arr['rose'] = 'red';" you're adding a property to the "arr" object, you could replace this code also by writing "arr.rose = 'red';" JavaScript has no associative arrays as you might know them from C# or Java Hashmaps.

• ThanksPankaj July 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

that was of help! :)

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Programming Tutorials

JavaScript Array get key
JavaScript Array get key     ... in understanding JavaScript Array get key. For this we implement JavaScript... for loop to iterate this array.. JavaScript_Array_get_key.html 

General

JavaScript Array get key
JavaScript Array get key     ... in understanding JavaScript Array get key. For this we implement JavaScript... for loop to iterate this array..         JavaScript_Array_get 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array get key from value
In php array one can get the key from value by the use of array_search function Array_search function searches the key for the given values in the array. Example of PHP Array Get Key from Value <?php $product=array 

PHP Tutorial

Array Add Key Value PHP
PHP array add key and value In PHP, key and value plays important role to create,  access, and maintain an array. One key could be of String and numeric..., or boolean value. Syntax of PHP array is "index=>value", this indices 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Unique Key
PHP Array Unique Key In PHP if we want to get all the keys then we can use...; General Description of array_key General Format....   PHP Unique Array Key Example 1: <?php $array 

PHP Questions

php array sort by key
php array sort by key  php script to sort array by key 

PHP Questions

php array loop key value
php array loop key value  How to use Array key value loop in PHP 

Swing AWT

Ho to get virtual key code.
Ho to get virtual key code.  Hi How to get virtual key code from button.I made on screen keyboard.But it not proper work for windows ,shift,alt and ctrl key. pls suggest me 

PHP Tutorial

php array contains key
array_key_exists() function is used to check whether the given key is present in the given array or not. PHP Array Contains Key Example...;      $b1=array_key_exists("a",$ar);   

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Search Key
PHP Array Search Key To check a key of an array exists or not we use array_key... the given key exists within  the array or not. If the key exists in the array it returns True or the function returns false. General description of array_key 

Programming Tutorials

How to design key, design key, key
How to design key       It has been made easy now to design a key by this example, just...: Take "cccccc" color and choose Pen tool (P key), Make points. Select 

Java Beginners

object array
element from vector and if i give key then i will get the value. 2) from...object array  Hi i have array that is object[] obj= { new string("hi"), new vector().add(10), new hashmap().setkey()} display(obj); display 

JavaScript Questions

Array's
Array's  I have to finish an "order page". that checks 2 dropdown... line at a time, then calculate a total. I know I need to create an array, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the loop. I just need a little help to get 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Array Push Key Value
PHP Push Key Value In PHP whenever you need to use array_push() function you have to use only the value, because array_push() function does not allow the key... array, in which we can associate any kind of key (generally string or numeric 

JavaScript Questions

Get values from session to array
Get values from session to array  Hello I have stored my 2 dimensional array into session using C#.net. Now on aspx page i want to store same session variable into 2 dimensional array. And how to find count of session valaiable 

JavaScript Questions

Get values from session to array
Get values from session to array  Hello I have stored my 2 dimensional array into session using C#.net. Now on aspx page i want to store same session variable into 2 dimensional array. And how to find count of session valaiable 

Java Beginners

Array sorting - Java Beginners
array is unique(no repeated element is there) make that array to key of the hashmap and put the name array in value of that hashmap (ie key is type aray...Array sorting   Hello All. I need to sort one array based 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Get Array Length
PHP Get Array Length  To count the array length we use count method... is: int count ($var [,int $mode=COUNT_NORMAL]); Where  $var is an array...() will recursively count the array. This option is beneficial 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Key Sorting
PHP Sort Array by Key In PHP there are are so many built in functions... three functions to sort any array by  key. These are: i)   ...(): This function sorts an array by key in reverse order maintaining the correlation 

Java Beginners

Java get byte array from file
Java get byte array from file  what is the code example in Java for getting byte array from file in memory. Thanks   This is very simple... example for Reading file into byte array Reading a File into a Byte Array Thanks 

Struts Questions

Missing message for key tenant.lbl - Struts
Missing message for key tenant.lbl  I have properties file with key value pair.I am trying to get that value int jsp by using tag.In struts-config.xml I placed below code still I am getting Missing message for key tenant.lbl. 

General

Get Length of Array
in  get a length of array. For this we are using JavaScript language... Get Length of Array      ... of respective ID. javascript array split.html <html> <head> < 

JDBC Questions

Adding A Primary Key to an Existing Table
("Error inserting primary key"); } I get the message: 'error...Adding A Primary Key to an Existing Table   Been trying to add a primary key to a MySQL table using Java for two days with no success. I'm new 

General

Get Length of Array
Get Length of Array       In this Tutorial we make a simple example to understand Get Length of Array in Java Script. In this code we import a  package java.util and java 

HTML Questions

How to handle enter key in javascript
of button.   Enter key event in html JavaScript This is very simple. You... key get hit from keyboard...How to handle enter key in javascript  Can any one tell me how 

SQL Question

changing primary key of parent table
changing primary key of parent table  I want to change one primary key from a table where primary key is auto created? How can I do that? I have tried UPDATE person SET personid=3494 WHERE personid=8483; and i get the following 

General

JavaScript Array
by providing the element's value.   JavaScript Array get key... in understanding JavaScript Array get key. For this we implement JavaScript....   JavaScript array get elements at random 

General

Getting the Maximum Size of a Preference Key and Value
Getting the Maximum Size of a Preference Key and Value       This section demonstrates you to get the maximum size of Preference key and value. You can see in the given example that we have 

General

Get Array Size
Get Array Size       To calculate length of the given array we have used length property. It returns the length of the given array.           

Java Code Examples

Java Swing Key Event
Java Swing Key Event In this tutorial, you will learn how to perform key event in java swing. Here is an example that change the case of characters... will get converted automatically into its upper case. We have invoked 

DMCA.com