Home Discussion Discuss: Java error incompatible types

• javajames January 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

userName = keyboardIn.nextLine(); my program wont compile due to this piece of code. It comes out as Incompatible type. I'am a first year student doing java programming. I have declare my variable String userName = new String(); Can anyone see the problem from this because I cant

• Error: Incompatible typesNehru March 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM

textfield = new TextField("First Name:", "", 40, TextField.ANY); error: incompatible types textfield = new TextField("First Name:", "", 40, TextField.ANY); required: Textfield found: TextField

• java-error-incompatibletypesrony October 29, 2012 at 5:33 PM

public void breadthFirstTraversal(Node rootNode){ Queue q = new LinkedList(); q.add(rootNode); rootNode.visited=true; while(!q.isEmpty()){ Node n = (Node)q.poll(); System.out.print(n.data + " "); for(Node adj : n.adjacentNodes{/*incompatible type required: graphsearch.Node found: java.lang.Object*/ if(!adj.visited){ adj.visited=true; q.add(adj); } } } } How to solve?

• CamilleriDaniel December 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Thx very much it worked Now i can complete my school project

• Incompatible Type errorMohan August 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

try { char ch=""; for(;;) { ch=st.charAt(0); st=st.substring(1,st.length()); st=st+ch; repaint(); Thread.sleep(100); } } OUTPUT:char ch=""; ^ required:char found:String

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
General

Java error incompatible types
Java error incompatible types       Java Error incompatible types occurred when... operator = is used to show you an incompatible type error in java rather than 

Java Beginners

incompatible types: Row cannot be converted to XSSFRow
incompatible types: Row cannot be converted to XSSFRow  In my POI project i am getting the following error: incompatible types: Row cannot be converted to XSSFRow How to solve the error? Thanks   Hi, You should use 

JSP Servlet Questions

SocketException incompatible with java.sql.SQLException
SocketException incompatible with java.sql.SQLException  My application fails after sometime, if i login my application getting **java.net.SocketException incompatible with java.sql.SQLException** , but once i restart 

Java Beginners

Doubt on Data Types - Java Beginners
=4.5; //ERROR ON FLOAT DECLARATION System.out.println("Float Value.........:"+f...=4.5f; //ERROR ON FLOAT DECLARATION System.out.println("Float Value.........:"+f... to put it in java.  If you want to declare a decimal value in Java 

Programming Tutorials

Autoboxing/unboxing of primitive types
Autoboxing/unboxing of primitive types When adding a primitive data type,conversion between primitive types and wrapper classes is necessary ...;(); The autoboxing and auto-unboxing of Java primitives produces code that is more concise 

Java Beginners

Error - Java Beginners
: Enter the HexaDecimal : I got error in the line String status=session.getAttribute-----> Type of error:Incompatible type found   Hi import java.io.*; import java.io.IOException. 

JSP Tutorials

Passing Various Data Types into Cells
data types into the cells and rows in the excel sheet using java .You can... passing various data types into cells   ... types into cell by using this method. In this example, we have used four data types 

Java-Tutorials

Different types of exception handling in Java
Different types of exception handling in Java Mostly an error or exception in java occurs due to programming error, client code error or due to resource... and types of exceptions in Java. There are basically two types of errors , compile 

Hibernate Questions

Collection Types
Collection Types  What are the Collection types in Hibernate 

JavaScript Questions

JavaScript types
JavaScript types  What are JavaScript types 

Java Beginners

runtime error in java
runtime error in java  What is Run time error in Java?   Run time error is a syntax error that during the execution of a program.It hash different types of a program like as Logic error,Fatal Errors,source code,wrong 

Servlet Interview Questions

Types of Servlet
Types of Servlet  What are the types of Servlet ?   There are two types of servlets, GenericServlet and HttpServlet. GenericServlet defines the generic or protocol independent servlet. HttpServlet is subclass 

Core Java

Java Generics
defined types. Generics permits us to catch the incompatible types during... using wrong or incompatible data types. Before Generics Map directory = new... .style1 { list-style-type: square; } Java Generics The Generics 

SQL Question

Types of Triggers
Types of Triggers   hii, How many types of Triggers in sql?   hello, there are three type of trigger DML triggers Instead of triggers System triggers 

Java Beginners

Error - Java Beginners
to hex. Please have a look on the code. In jsp page I got errors. Error No 1:Incompatible type found,java.lang.objectrequired,java.lang.string. Error No 2:sval already defined in merged scriptlet Error No 3:haval already defined 

Java Beginners

data types
data types  Write a short note on data types of Java.   Please visit the following link: Java datatypes 

Programming Tutorials

Flex Data Types
. Primitive Data types: int, uint, Number, Boolean, String, Null and void Complex Data types: Array, Date, Error, Function, RegExp 

Hibernate Questions

Websphere application error - Hibernate
Websphere application error  i have received this following error [10/5/10 13:19:40:592 EDT] 00000043 SystemOut O java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl incompatible 

JavaScript Tutorial

JavaScript Variables and Data types
 JavaScript Variables and Data types... will learn the basics of JavaScript Variables and Data types. JavaScript Variables...) or (myVariable).  Variable Scope There are two types of Variable scope:-  1 

Java Beginners

error
error  while iam compiling iam getting expected error 

JSP Servlet Questions

Programming Error - JSP-Servlet
in this code because, i want that when user types something in draftad it should count 

XML Questions

Error-
Error-   Hello, I would like to know about XSD file. I try to print XML file but I am getting error SAXException-- says Content is not allowed in prolog. Please help me 

JSP Servlet Questions

error
error  i have 404 error in my program plz tell me yhe solution about 

JSP Servlet Questions

error
error  i have 404 error in my program plz tell me yhe solution about 

Spring Framework Questions

What are the types of Advice?
What are the types of Advice?   Hi, What are the types of Advice? Thanks 

PHP Questions

types of errors in php
types of errors in php  What are the different types of errors in php 

PHP

PHP Error Handling Functions
. Given are the types of PHP Error Handling Functions: die() method setting...Though every programming language offers default error handling methods. You can also write your own error handling functions in PHP. There is a bit 

JSP Servlet Questions

Programming Error - JSP-Servlet
in jsp. when user types some thing in draft ad textarea then it should get 

JSP Servlet Questions

error
/ServletUserEnquiryForm.shtml getting an error given below SQLException caught: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect or syntax error please suggest 

Ajax Questions

Error
Error  I have created ajax with php for state and city. When I change state then city will not come in dropdown list and it give me error as 'Unknown Runtime Error'. This error come only in IE browser, but in other brower 

DMCA.com