Home Discussion Discuss: Java get windows Username

• thumbs downan0maly May 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

This is only capable of returning the current user, System.* can not enumerate all Windows users.

• thumbs downan0maly May 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

This is only capable of returning the current user, System.* can not enumerate all Windows users.

• Java get windows UsernameUnixUser November 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Put your code on Unix and run it from Windows. What user's name it will return?

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Programming Tutorials

Java get windows Username
Java get windows Username     ... of the windows. System.getProperty("user.name")- This method retrieve the username... username. We are providing you an example which will obtain the window's username 

Struts Questions

How to get current logged in Windows username? - Struts
How to get current logged in Windows username?  Can anyone give me the struts code to get the logged in Windows User name?  Hai srinath...; the above mentioned command displays the username who logged in to the system.hope 

General

Java get windows Username
Java get windows Username     ... of the windows. System.getProperty("user.name")- This method retrieve the username... username. We are providing you an example which will obtain the window's username 

JSP Servlet Questions

windows username - JSP-Servlet
windows username  how to reset the password and username of windows using jsp 

JSP Servlet Questions

JavaMail and Gmail in Windows - JSP-Servlet
JavaMail and Gmail in Windows  Hello! I made a java program to send and receive emails through Gmail SMTP server. It worked fine in Windows 7 but when I try to run the same program in Windows XP in a different machine 

windows

How To Install Windows 8
and you will see Windows logo while all the devices get ready after installation... features. Now, get started with Windows 8.  ...In this tutorial we will discuss about how to install windows 8 on your 

Spring Framework

Fetch logged in username in Spring Security
Principal interface You can get the current logged in user's username using... get the username using getName() method. Complete example using Principal...Fetch logged in username in Spring Security In this section, you will learn 

windows

Windows 8 Advantages and Disadvantages
Is it good to upgrade from your current version of Windows to latest Windows 8... at the advantages (pros) and disadvantages (cons) of Windows 8: Advantages (Pros): Installation time of Windows 8 takes only 10 minutes. Windows 

JDBC Questions

jsp login code when username , password and dropdown box value is correct...
jsp login code when username , password and dropdown box value is correct... in dropdown box.... so when i login i all the three username,password and dropdown box...)login.jsp: <html> <script> function validate(){ var username 

JavaScript Questions

Username availabiltiy
Username availabiltiy  Can we check username availability on front end before submitting just with javascript and php not using jquery or ajax 

JavaScript Questions

Username password
Username password  Hi there, I am trying to create a page on a JFrame... with the validation, so that if the username and password match it will continue... that checks whether the username and password is valid or not. If the user 

windows

Windows 8 versus Android
Windows 8 has launched at a time when the much thrived smart phone and tab... the potential success of all the platforms and in talking of Windows 8 versus Android... android is a platform that almost swept majority of smart phone devices Windows phone 

PHP Tutorial

How to Install WAMP Server on XP and Windows
How to Install WAMP Server on XP WAMP stands for Windows Apache MySQL PHP. WAMP Server is an open source software, which is free to use under the GPL licence... tools on the left hand side. The first one is phpinfo() from there you can get 

Software Services

Windows Mobile Development is Easy to Use When the Right Tools Work
to get the Windows Mobile development process to be easier to handle. The first... for the Windows Mobile development process to get an application created. A user can create...Windows Mobile Development is Easy to Use When the Right Tools Work It can 

General

Java Get Example
get windows Username In this section, you will learn how to obtain the window's... username by using the System.getProperty(). Java get Version... Java Get Example       

Android

Installing Android Studio on Windows 7
Installing Java (JDK 7) on Windows 7 Computer Video Tutorial. Step 2: You...Installing Android Studio on Windows 7- A video tutorial on installation... can install Android Studio on Windows 7. This video tells you all the steps 

Development process Questions

problem in swing program for opening two windows with same login credentials
problem in swing program for opening two windows with same login... developed one application using swings that has username,password when i login into the system with same username,password two times then it opens two separate 

Java Tips and Examples

Get Environment Variable Java
Get Environment Variable Java       In this example we are getting environment variable. To get... of the System class and gets the information about environment variable. get 

Technology

10 Exciting New Features in Windows 8.1
of new Windows 8.1 update and though the official release is still... considering the gross ease they would offer in our interaction with this new Windows avatar. Here are our picks on 10 exciting new features in Windows 8.1. 

Java Beginners

Java - looking for a tool to force-kill a child process (Windows)
Java - looking for a tool to force-kill a child process (Windows)  hello I am looking for a Java tool/package/library that will allow me to force-kill a child process. This tool/package/library must work on Windows platform 

windows

How to Manage Windows 8 Start screen?
Windows 8, the latest operating system from Microsoft comes with an entire new user interface called the Windows Start Screen or Metro Style Interface that appears to you when you login to Windows 8. This time the start screen contains 

windows

Windows 8, the New Operating System from Microsoft
, the wait for the Windows 8, the new operating system from Microsoft is finally over with its official launch on October 26. Windows 8 unlike all previous experiences on Windows operating platform is loaded with most advanced technology 

General

Java example program to get epoch time of windows
Java example program to get epoch time of windows... it is being used through out the whole programming world. We can get epoch time in java using the system's current time. The windows epoch is the number 

Java Beginners

How to get Java SDK
How to get Java SDK  Hi, I have purchased a new computer and installed windows 7. Now I have to get the Java SDK and install on my computer for developing and testing Java programs. So, can anyone tell me How to get Java SDK 

Java Beginners

How to supress displaying username and password in Java Web Start 10.21.2.11 Using JRE version 1.7.0_21-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
How to supress displaying username and password in Java Web Start 10.21.2.11 Using JRE version 1.7.0_21-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM  I have installed Java 1.7.21 from java 1.6. I am observing username and password (match 

windows

Windows 8 PC Setting Step by Step Guide
setting but with the introduction of Windows 8 by Microsoft, things are going be be little different now. Along with the control panel, Windows 8 introduces... to access PC setting in your Windows 8 operating system computer. Step 1 

PHP Questions

encrypt the username and password using PHP
encrypt the username and password using PHP  How can we encrypt the username and password using PHP?   Hi friends, You can use the MySQL PASSWORD() function to encrypt username and password. For example, INSERT 

PHP Tutorial

The $_GET Function
The $_GET Function The $_GET function in PHP is used to gather data of form submit with method="get". The data sent using get method is visible in browser's address bar. For sending username & password , get  

Swing AWT

Ho to get virtual key code.
Ho to get virtual key code.  Hi How to get virtual key code from button.I made on screen keyboard.But it not proper work for windows ,shift,alt and ctrl key. pls suggest me 

JSP Servlet Questions

validating username and password from database
validating username and password from database  Hello sir, i am developing a login page. i want that when i fill data in text fields. it validate data from database. if enter data is match from database. page goes to next page 

DMCA.com