Home Discussion Discuss: Submit comments in database when user clicks on submit button

• connectivity of submit button to the databaseTejinder Cheema October 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi there, I have got how to develop html page based web form using Dreamweaver CS6, but I am unable to get information about how to connect the submit button on this web form to any database. Let me know which database creation is easy to develop and connect to the submit button. So please suggest me how I can get solution of my said problem. Thanks and Waiting for your reply, Tejinder Cheema

• exceptionJeff November 29, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Hi, I have read thru your post: http://www.roseindia.net/jsp/submit-comments-database.shtml I have tried it myself,and i found below exception,may i know how can i solve it?I am beginner to jsp,hope you can help me out.Thanks! org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.NullPointerException org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:500) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:428) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) root cause java.lang.NullPointerException org.apache.jsp.test.ConnectToMysql_jsp._jspService(ConnectToMysql_jsp.java:130) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:386) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
JSP Tutorials

Submit comments in database when user clicks on submit button
Submit comments in database when user clicks on submit button... to show how to submit comments from a jsp page and insert it to the MySql database when user clicks the submit button of the page. Create a database: First 

JSP Servlet Questions

forwarding request to a jsp when user clicks on back button in ie
forwarding request to a jsp when user clicks on back button in ie  Hi all, I have developed a web based application. After user log out... we forward request to a jsp page whenever user clicks on back button 

HTML Tutorial

Action Submit Html
an user enter some text in the text field User name) and clicks the submit button...;  Action Submit in Html is used to submit a form, When a user clicks on a submit button, the form is sent to the specific address 

JSP Servlet Questions

submit button
submit button  <p>hi I am trying to insert record in database using hibernate in JSP(Netbeans). When I click insert button it should go...; <input type="submit" value="Insert" name="login" /> < 

JSP Servlet Questions

JSP - Update displayed content & session variables when user clicks on a button - JSP-Servlet
JSP - Update displayed content & session variables when user clicks on a button  Hi, I'm trying to setup a form in which the user can click on certain buttons (say an img of a "+" sign). When the user does that, I would like 

JSP Servlet Questions

JSP - Update displayed content & session variables when user clicks on a button - JSP-Servlet
JSP - Update displayed content & session variables when user clicks...? } My hope is that when the user clicks on the add.jpg image... on certain buttons (say an img of a "+" sign). When the user does that, I would like 

JSP Servlet Questions

Submit button to MySQL database?
Submit button to MySQL database?  Need help linking html code to mysql database <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type...="text" name="Level" /> </form> <td><input type="submit 

JSP Servlet Questions

Submit button to MySQL database?
Submit button to MySQL database?  Need help linking html code to mysql database <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type...="text" name="Level" /> </form> <td><input type="submit 

JSP Servlet Questions

insertin form data into databse and blank all form field when click on submit button
database when click on submit button and blank all form field after inserting...insertin form data into databse and blank all form field when click on submit...;Administrative Tool->Data Sources(ODBC) Open User DSN tab Add a user DSN Select Microsoft 

Struts Questions

Display an textbox when user Clicks checbox in struts Tags - Struts
Display an textbox when user Clicks checbox in struts Tags  Hi Friend. I need an code for to Display text box when the user clicks checkbox in struts.Pls hekp me.. Note:,... using this kind of tags alone.. Thanks 

Java Interview Questions

How to view database for user when they login in netbeans and mysql?
How to view database for user when they login in netbeans and mysql?  I create a web page where when user login they have to fill in a form, after they click the button submit, the next page they going to see is the information 

JSP Servlet Questions

autogeneration of a random number and displaying it as a alert message to the user on clicking submit
automatically.But i want this number to be displayed when user click on the submit button as a "alert message" and this refrence number act as primary key... is generated it should be inserted into database along with the details of addform when 

JSP Servlet Questions

How to save form fields into the MySql Database without submit button in jsp?
How to save form fields into the MySql Database without submit button in jsp?  I want to store user inputs into the database using javasccript or ajax or jqury but without submit button. Form Contains three fields 

JSP Servlet Questions

how to check the radio button automatically depending up on the value of database when editing the form...
button. When the user clicks the particular radio button, that data will get shown... of database when editing the form...  hi...in my application i am editing... to highlight the radio button from the database.......nd even list box also can any 

Applet Questions

button to accept user input
button to accept user input  private void jButton1ActionPerformed... that accepts firstname, lastname and gender from user and insert to database...); JButton button=new JButton("Submit"); text=new JTextField(15 

Programming Tutorials

Submit Articles for Free
by adding them to our database. Publishers can notify you when they use your article... with our thousands of daily visitors when you submit an article (helps build your... Submit Articles for Free       

Programming Tutorials

Java Comments
Java Comments       To comprehend any programming language, there are several kind of comments which are used. These comments are advantageous in the sense that they make 

PHP Tutorial

PHP HTML Form Submit Button
Topic : HTML FORM SUBMIT BUTTON Part - 4 The another part which is important to covered that is Submit button. If you are following all the previous parts... will ask in which it should be sent to the other page. The Submit button 

JSP Servlet Questions

change database values when click next button on jsp page
change database values when click next button on jsp page  How to retrive database values rondomly and display jsp page ,when user click next and previous bottons change the values on jsp page 

Struts Questions

Struts application two submit button
;/html> Here am using two submit button one is login and another one is new user registration . I want process one button is login purpose and another one new...Struts application two submit button  Hai, i'm new in struts 

JSP Servlet Questions

print form information when click on print button
print form information when click on print button   Sir,I desingn... please help for printing form information by clickin print button after submit data in the database 

JSP Servlet Questions

On Click on Submit Button Display Data on Orderlist
On Click on Submit Button Display Data on Orderlist  How can retreive data from database on orderlist on Click on submit Button of same page 

JSP Interview Questions

jsp :how to edit table of data displayed using jsp when clicked on edit button
, there is a button which consists of that particular id. When the user clicks... want to edit this information in table when clicked on edit button and save the data when clicked on save button.. how can i do this   The given 

Java Tips and Examples

Java Comments
Java Comments      ... of comments which are used. These comments are advantageous in the sense that they make... these comments are ignored by the Java compiler, they are included in the program 

General

Java Comments
Java Comments       To comprehend any programming language, there are several kind of comments which are used. These comments are advantageous in the sense that they make 

JSP Servlet Questions

Updating user profile
. When the user clicks the particular edit button, that data will get shown...Updating user profile  how should i provide user to update his profile with edit option including entered data by user should be shown in jsp page 

JSP Servlet Questions

Click On Images of Submit Button Perform Action
Click On Images of Submit Button Perform Action  I have login page in which insert of submit button i used image. Therefor on Click of image i have to validate form , link with database and goto the next page 

JSP Servlet Questions

storing details in database on clicking submit button - JSP-Servlet
database on clicking submit button. I am unable to do this.Can u tell me how to code...storing details in database on clicking submit button  I am using JSP in NetBeans and have developed an application form which has fileds naming 

Java-Tutorials

Radio Button in HTML
Radio Button in HTML is a type of input form that allows a user to select one button from a group of button. When a user clicks on a radio button, it becomes... Button in HTML: The use of a radio button is to allow a user to make one 

JSP Servlet Questions

how to disable submit button in jsp using servlet when some condition is satisfied
how to disable submit button in jsp using servlet when some condition is satisfied  how to disable submit button in jsp using servlet when some condition is satisfied 

DMCA.com