Home Discussion Discuss: Factors responsible for GPS signal errors

• BFiUWwSLyUutsyTJdXKorfakos September 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

that it would take about 10 minutes to get a liaotcon/signal when turning it on after travelling great distances and found this to be true. I did find the same problem as other people- some of the newer roads were not on the map. But I still never got lost and that was great. You can save your hotel as a favorite address and never lose your way home. It was also great for finding gas stations, amusement parks, restaurants, etc. My 9 year old son loves to watch it and tell me what streets we have to turn on. I always know where I am, how far I have to go to the next turn, how far I have to go in my trip and what time I am expected to be there. Barring any traffic problems, I have found it to be very accurate. I shopped around at various stores testing out similar Garmin and Magellen models and kept coming back to this one. My husband is a skeptic and does not read directions. I showed him how to use this in 10 minutes. Now he uses it for his own trips (when I am not using it of course.) The portability makes it easy to take from one car to another. I bought a medium sized camera bag to store the unit in. I just detach the entire unit from the windshield and put it in the camera bag (still attached to the windshield mount.) This makes it easy to carry in and out of my house (I was told to avoid extreme temperatures to prevent damage to the LCD screen.) It also gives me the ability to put the bag in my trunk when leaving my car while in the city. I have been using this unit daily since I got it for Christmas (4 months ago). I have found the windshield mount to be quite easy, convenient and stable. On only 2 occassions, the unit could not locate an address, one of which was a 10 year old house, and had to use MapQuest as back up. Overall, I think this unit is great and have recommended it to many people. I can't imagine how I did this job without this unit! This is mandatory equipment for anyone who spends a lot of time on the road.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Vehicle Tracking Technology

Factors responsible for GPS signal errors
Factors responsible for GPS signal errors       The GPS receiver requires the current time... to the accuracy of the GPS signal and some of them are given bellow 

Global Positioning System

GPS
fleet management.   Factors responsible for GPS signal errors... GPS       This section gives you the best Information on GPS ( Global Positioning 

General Information

GPS Tracking: How it works
transmissions and reception of GPS signal from each satellite. The GPS...GPS, or Global Positioning System, is a navigation system based on satellites that can determine the latitude and longitude of a GPS receiver device 

GPS Antenna
to troublesome signal reflections.   The GPS Antenna with converter... GPS Antenna       GPS Antenna and Glonass Antennas are an essential part of all wireless 

Sources of GPS Error
, there can be other factors that affect the quality of the GPS signal and cause... signal? There are two frequencies of low power radio signals that GPS... more solid objects like buildings and mountains. Every GPS signal packs 

Technology

GPS Terminology
the signal accuracy up to five times with an average of 3 meter where as GPS... GPS Terminology      ... reading any article in any website related to GPS. These will provide you basic idea 

XML Questions

Responsible for XML
Responsible for XML  Hi.... please tell me Who is responsible for XML? Thanks 

How GPS Works?
usually causes time errors. However the GPS system has been designed to account... How GPS Works?       Introduction GPS or Global Positioning System is a technology for locating 

Techniques to Improve GPS Accuracy
as a FM signal for the local GPS receivers, enabling them to apply the necessary... Techniques to Improve GPS Accuracy       Introduction GPS is the best navigation and tracking 

Technology

GPS for fleet management
benefit. The GPS receiver installed in the vehicles receive signal from...Most of the fleet company completely depends on GPS for fleet management... is responsible for all the work that goes down in the fleet industry. He must pen 

Java Beginners

coding for eletric signal graph
coding for eletric signal graph  How can I draw an electric signal from Manchester and Differential Manchester coding from binary bits that converted from a character for example character 

Java Beginners

errors
that what the errors in above code 

Java Beginners

errors

What is WAAS?
. WAAS was therefore developed to account for signal errors due to ionosphere... and ground stations that work with GPS to improve the quality of signals and rectify errors. The quality of the signals can be up to five times better with WAAS 

General Information

GPS Phone Tracking System
factors, which are taken into account to implement GPS phone tracking. Two...A GPS Phone Tracking system is a system used to determine the location... coordinates of the phone. GPS Phone Tracking is achieved using the GPS or GPRS 

Programming Tutorials

Open Source GPS
the signal.    Open Source Software for Learning about GPS Teaching...Open Source GPS Open Source GPSToolKit The goal of the GPSTk... to perform new research and create new applications. GPS users employ practically 

General Information

GPS Tracking
GPS Tracking GPS Tracking Developed by United States' Department of Defense... that helps us to locate devices with GPS embedded in them. Unlike earlier times, where.... GPS comes in the form of phones or gadgets, which tell you and others tracking 

How Accurate is GPS?
How Accurate is GPS?       Introduction  The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a navigation system based on satellites. The GPS network operates on 24 satellites orbiting 

What is Differential GPS?
. Each of these signals has some errors due to different factors like disturbances... What is Differential GPS?       Introduction Differential GPS (DGPS) is a land-based technology 

GPS Tracking Systems
GPS Tracking Systems       Global Positioning System usually called GPS is the satellite navigation system that functions with the help of 27 Earth orbiting GPS satellites. Out 

CELL PHONE TRACKING by GPS
with GPS technology. They have a GPS receiver inbuilt to receive the signals coming... for civilian use. GPS takes into consideration the time, latitude and longitude to determine the users exact position. People around the world mostly use GPS 

Technology

Fleet GPS tracker
in the market GPS remains the most widely used tracking technology of the world. This GPS tracker works on the signal it receive from satellite and also from...Most of the fleet companies depend on fleet GPS tracker to keep an eye over 

How GPS Measures Distances
the satellite and the GPS receiver transmit a particular signal called... How GPS Measures Distances       Introduction We learned that GPS identifies the position 

GPS in everyday use
global positioning system (GPS) is being used. Though GPS signal system gets... GPS in everyday use       GPS, though originally developed for military purposes happen 

GPS Tracking and its Applications
transmitter. This signal reaches a central command location which has a GPS receiver... GPS Tracking and its Applications       Introduction GPS technology was originally developed 

Technology

Real-time GPS fleet Management
Fleet business depends on real-time GPS fleet management. Now to make it clear what does that mean lets first look what a GPS is? GPS: GPS is the acronym... to track a particular vehicle and narrow down the position with the help of signal 

GPS Personal Digital Assistant
GPS Personal Digital Assistant       GPS Navigator 6 Bluetooth With Refurbished The latest GPS... guided navigation with the latest UK maps and a highly sensitive Bluetooth GPS 

General Information

GPS Tracking for Mobile Phones
The GPS tracking for mobile is a breakthrough in the filed of mobile tracking. It helps to locate phones, which we lose or which are stolen. GPS tracking... of the GPS technology or even with the help of radio signals between the network 

Technology

Use of GPS for Fleet Management
For the manger use of GPS for Fleet Management has become critically important... in the cutthroat competition. GPS (Global Positioning System) works on the radio.... This signals are then received by GPS receiver that come preloaded in vehicle 

Software Services

GPS Child Tracking System
GPS Child Tracking System Protect your child from being abduction, molestation and abusing through using our GPS Child Tracking System, which enables..., they will get the warning alerts. Using our GPS child tracking system, parents can 

DMCA.com