Home Discussion Discuss: Rename the File or Directory in Java

• How to rename file and folder ?Anand April 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I Question is how we can change the file and folder name without changing he source file and folder name.

• HiAnand April 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I Question is how we can change the file and folder name without changing he source file and folder name. for example I have file a.txt and folder A. Now I want to create a copy of file and folder with diffrente name that would be change the name by b.txt and B . so without changing the source file and folder name (i.e. a.txt and A) how i CAN CREATE THE COPY OF THE SAME AT MY NEW LOCATION ?

• this code can run in JSP ???Phan November 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Sorry, this code has running in Java. But I want its can running in JSP ??? Thanks for shared ^-^

• Rename codeElizabeth April 18, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Thank you. I was able to modify my class assignment by following the directions of your posting. I made sure I referenced your material.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java-Tutorials

Traversing a file and directory under a directory
then make an object of File class and pass any directory and filename to its constructor. After that, check it whether the file or directory you have entered is a directory or a file. If it is a directory then it will display 

Java-Tutorials

Java - Deleting the file or Directory
Java - Deleting File      ... of file and directory pathnames.  Explanation This program takes... the specified directory or file. deletefile(String file) The function deletefile 

Java-Tutorials

Moving file or directory from one directory to another
Moving file or directory from one directory to another... illustrates you the method or procedure for moving a file or directory contents... contents of the mention file or directory as a source directory 

Java-Tutorials

Copy Directory or File in Java
Copy Directory in Java      ... will see how contains of a directory or a file is copied  from... then the program gives the output message like : File or directory does not exist 

RMI Questions

ls: cannot access >: No such file or directory
/f.txt from terminal in linux its creating f.txt.But cant run from java program ls: cannot access >: No such file or directory error is displayed .No f.txt...ls: cannot access >: No such file or directory  import 

Java Tips and Examples

Java - Deleting the file or Directory
Java - Deleting the file or Directory   ... the specified file or directory after checking weather the file exists or not. This topic... representation of file and directory pathnames.  Explanation This program deletes 

Java Technology Tutorials

Java file new directory
Java file new directory In this section, you will learn how to create a new directory. Description of code: This is a common task. The java.io.package... an object of File class and specify a directory which you want to create. Then we 

General

Delete file or Directory
or a directory by using a java program. We pass the file name or the directory name to which... Delete file or Directory      ... or directory name to be deleted. Then we check for file whether it exists 

Java Beginners

File copy from one directory to another in java
directory in Java. I have to write a program in my application for copying one file... for copying the file from one directory to another directory in Java...File copy from one directory to another in java  I am trying to find 

General

Rename the File or Directory in Java
Rename the File or Directory in Java   ... to rename the old file or directory which has to be renamed then the file... a file or directory is renamed. This program illustrates you the procedure 

Java file get parent directory
Java file get parent directory In this section, you will learn how to get the parent directory of the file. Description of code: The package java.io.... which of String type. This method returns the parent directory of specified file 

Java Tips and Examples

Determining if a File or Directory exist
:\java>java FileOrDirectoryExists the file or directory you are searching... Determining if a File or Directory Exist   ... to determine whether a file or directory exists or not. If it exists it returns 

Java-Tutorials

Directory and File Listing Example in Java
C:\nisha>java DirListing example myfile.txt C:\nisha> At the time of execution, we have specified a directory name "example" that contains only a single file 

Java Beginners

Create text file at client's directory from server.
Create text file at client's directory from server.  Need java code to create text file at client's directory from server..... Please Help 

Java Tips and Examples

Java Directory - Directory and File Listing Example in Java
Java Directory - Directory and File Listing Example in Java... for the directory name passed as parameter File dir = new File(fname... directory. This topic is related to the I/O (input/output 

Java Tips and Examples

Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory
Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory.... isDirectory(): It checks whether the file is a directory or not. getAbsolutePath(): It returns the absolute path of a file or directory. Code of the program is given 

Java Tips and Examples

Java SDK Directory Structure
Java SDK Directory Structure       This section introduces the Directory and file structure... of command provided by Java compiler. Demo directory - This directory consists 

Java Beginners

how to copy file from one directory to another in java with examples
how to copy file from one directory to another in java with examples  how to copy file from one directory to another in java with examples? I want a java with example code Thanks   Hi, Please check the thread File 

Programming Tutorials

How to make directory in java
Description: This example demonstrate how to create a directory at specified...;new File("c:\\newDir");     file1.mkdirs();  ... is that it will make a dir at root directory of C drive 

General

URL file Download and Save in the Local Directory
URL file Download and Save in the Local Directory   ... and save this Url File in the specified directory. This program specifies... and second command line arguments specifies URL File to be stored. Java creates 

Java-Tutorials

Java Create Directory Example
Java Create Directory Example To create a directory in java call the mkdir..., to many directories in directory you need to call the mkdirs() mehtod. An example of creating a directory in java is given below SampleInterfaceImp.java import 

Check if the directory is empty or not
Check if the directory is empty or not In this section, you will learn how to check if the directory is empty or not. Java IO package works with both files... or not. For this, we have created an instance of File class and specify the directory 

Programming Tutorials

EJB directory structure
given is the standard directory structure of the Enterprise Java Bean application... EJB directory structure       The tutorial is going to explain the standard directory structure of an EJB 

Java count files in a directory
Java count files in a directory In this section, you will learn how to count only files in a directory. You have learnt various file operations. Here we... in the given example, we have created an instance of File class and specify a directory 

Core Java

Java Create Directory
The following example will show how to Create Directory in Java. Though this can be created by using mkdir() also, the following program has used file object... is already created" will be displayed. Example of Java Create Directory 

Java Beginners

File Directory Merging
File Directory Merging  Two directories are given. Both contain a large amount of files. Each of the directory can be more than a GB. We need to form a new directory in which all the files from both the directories 

Java Beginners

How to move a file from a directory to other directory
How to move a file from a directory to other directory  I tried the above example it will move the folder to other directory but it does not move the image file or other file to a specified directory. Can anyone help me? Thanks 

Java Beginners

Getting Current Directory from java - Java Beginners
Getting Current Directory from java  I'm designing an application in linux where i need to get the current directory of my java file... I'm using.../Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/logs How to get the directory of my current 

Java Beginners

creating a file in a directory
creating a file in a directory  hi i have tried all the file methods to create a file inside a directory but none of them r working some of them are new File ( ".", "C:/fileInRoot.txt" ) new File ( "myDir", "/otherDir" ) File 

Java Beginners

how to copy the directory in to ftp server using java
how to copy the directory in to ftp server using java  how to copy the directory in to ftp server using java ?   Hello venaktehs As much... file in your remote directory as follows : ftp.upload(new File("c:/tmp/test.txt 

DMCA.com