Home Discussion Discuss: String Array In Java

• hiyeshi April 16, 2011 at 3:18 AM

would you please help me to accept module name each with two book titles using two dimensional array

• hiyeshi April 16, 2011 at 3:18 AM

would you please help me to accept module name each with two book titles using two dimensional array

• how to compare string array and not array string?mj.Geoff August 16, 2011 at 6:57 AM

I am having difficulties in comparing my strings... can you help me please.. this is my code: /* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. */ /** * * @author geoff */ import java.util.*; import java.util.Scanner; public class testShape { static Scanner console=new Scanner(System.in); public static void main(String[]args){ Circle c=new Circle(); Square s=new Square(); Rectangle r=new Rectangle(); Triangle t=new Triangle(); int input=0; double radius=0; System.out.println("This program will compute the area of \n\tCircle, Triangle, Square and Rectangle."); System.out.println("You are required to enter input and kindly follow the direction "); System.out.println("Just choose below what area do you want to know. "); System.out.println("circle, triangle, rectangle, square:"); String choice=console.next(); // this portion here I was trying to use equals but it didn't work its always false... /*System.out.println("\nEnter for a loop number: "); input=console.nextInt(); String[] choice=new String[input]; for(int i=0; i<choice.length;i++){ System.out.println("circle, triangle, rectangle, square\ninput: "); choice[i]=console.next();*/ if (choice.equals("circle")){ System.out.println(""); System.out.println("Please choose \n radius, area, diameter"); System.out.println("Enter what given you are going to input: "); String givenType=console.next(); c.setGiven(givenType); c.condition(givenType, radius, radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("triangle")){ t.computeTriangle(radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("rectangle")){ r.computeRectangle(radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("square")){ System.out.println("This program will compute for the Area of a squre"); s.computeSquare(radius); } else System.out.println("your input is not in the choices given!"); } }

• codingsradhakrishnan November 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM

store and retrive values in java without using database.how to create

• java proammingroshni sanhaliya November 30, 2011 at 11:41 AM

thank u

• StringsAshok Naik February 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM

1)how to count number of strings repeated in a string array? 2)i want to display the output like Naik Ashok instead of Ashok Naik ...what is the logic of this program?

• Switch Statement using StringRavi March 11, 2012 at 2:25 AM

How to use Switch statement in Java using String. switch(String s){...}. This is the not working. Please could I get exactly how should be written. Any one please help me.

• string arraysroy charman December 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM

For one of my college assignments I have to enter a string (ones that's already been declared) (the name of a song artist) then for I need the program to out put the string location (the chart rating of the aritist) how can I do this? I'm quite stuck

• mj.GeoffBhim prasad sharma October 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

package Practise; import java.util.*; import java.util.Scanner; public class testShape { static Scanner console=new Scanner(System.in); public static void main(String[]args) { Circle c=new Circle(); Square s=new Square(); Rectangle r=new Rectangle(); Triangle t=new Triangle(); int input=0; double radius=0; System.out.println("This program will compute the area of Circle, Triangle, Square and Rectangle.\n"); System.out.println("You are required to enter input and kindly follow the direction. \n "); System.out.println("Just choose below what area do you want to know.\n "); System.out.println("circle, triangle, rectangle, square: \n"); String choice=console.next(); /*System.out.println("\nEnter for a loop number: "); input=console.nextInt(); String[] choice=new String[input]; for(int i=0; i<choice.length;i++){ System.out.println("circle, triangle, rectangle, square \n input: "); choice[i]=console.next(); */ if (choice.equals("circle")){ System.out.println("Please Enter the radius, area, diameter"); String givenType=console.next(); c.setGiven(givenType); c.condition(givenType, radius, radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("triangle")) { t.computeTriangle(radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("rectangle")){ r.computeRectangle(radius, radius); } else if(choice.equals("square")){ System.out.println("This program will compute for the Area of a squre"); s.computeSquare(radius); } else System.out.println("your input is not in the choices given!"); } }

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Beginners

Array
Array  is it possible to define array like this..? int[] intArray = new int[] {4,5,6,7,8}; Explain...?   Yes, you can. Java Initialize Array 

Java Beginners

array
array  array memory allocation is dynamic or static in java   Java Arrays have dynamic memory allocation 

Java Interview Questions

Array
Array  can we create an array of size 1 lakh in java programming 

Java Beginners

array
array  WAP in java to store 6 element in array P and 4 element in array Q. Produce the third arra y R containing all element from p & q 

Java Beginners

array
array  write a program in java which input n ,a natural number less than 12 and prints the natural number from 1 to n to the power 2 in the form of a spiral.the spiral should move in on anti clockwise direction starting from 

Java Interview Questions

Java array
Java array   How can one prove that the array is not null but empty 

Java Beginners

Java array
Java array  Java program to find first two maximum numbers in an array,using single loop without sorting array 

Java Beginners

Java Array
Java Array   a) Write an array program that perform the following: i) Declares a String array initialized with the following strings: â?...??. ii) Write a loop that displays the contents of each element in the array 

Java Beginners

java array
java array  q4.array Write a program that accepts two arrays, an array of fruit names and an array of price of fruits, and a fruit name and returns the price of the fruit. (Assume that a price in the second array corresponds 

Java Beginners

java array
java array  write a java method that takes an array of float values... CheckDuplicateArrayValue{ public static void main(String args...)){ System.out.println("There are duplicate elements."); Float array 

Java Interview Questions

java array
java array Two cells is a matrix will be called connected if they are adjacent...], a[3,2], a[3,3] } elements with weight 6 Problem: Implement Java code which takes 2 dimensional integer array as input and prints out heaviest island 

Java Beginners

Array in Java
Array in Java  public class tn { public class State{ String s_name; int p1; int p2; } public void f... } public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { tn 

Java Beginners

jagged array in java
jagged array in java   jagged array in java with example 

Java Tips and Examples

Java Array
In this section, you will learn about array in Java 

Java Beginners

array program
array program  write a java program which will take 10 elements as command line arguments and count how many times 3 occurs in array 

Java Beginners

char array java
char array java  char array programmes in java All capital letters should be replaced with the next letter 

JavaScript Questions

sorting array in java
sorting array in java  How to sort array in Java or JavaScript?   JavaScript Sorting array tutorial   Java Sort array of strings...[] args) { String array[]=new String[5]; Scanner input = new Scanner 

Java Beginners

array list
array list  How to get repeate occurence values from database table in java by using arraylist 

Java Beginners

Array - Java Beginners
Array  how to declare array of hindi characters in java 

Java Beginners

ARRAY TUTORIAL
- It is easy to write outsides the bounds of a String or an array in Java: True or False? If false, explain why. Q2 - In Java, you must declare an array before you... different syntaxes that can be used to declare an array in type int in Java. Q4 

Java Beginners

ARRAY TUTORIAL
- It is easy to write outsides the bounds of a String or an array in Java: True or False? If false, explain why. Q2 - In Java, you must declare an array before you... different syntaxes that can be used to declare an array in type int in Java. Q4 

Java Beginners

array sort - Java Beginners
; } } public static void main(String a[]){ int i; int array...array sort  hi all, can anybody tell me how to sort an array... array[], int len){ for (int i = 1; i < len; i++){ int j = i 

Java Beginners

Array in Java - Java Beginners
Array in Java  Please help me with the following question. Thank you. Write a program that reads numbers from the keyboard into an array of type int[]. You may assume that there will be 50 or fewer entries in the array. Your 

Java Beginners

array programs
array programs  write a program in java to input 10 numbers in an array and print out the Armstrong numbers from the set.   import...; return isArmstrong; } public static void main(String[] args 

Java Beginners

array programs
array programs  write a program in java to input 10 numbers in an array and print out the Armstrong numbers from the set.   import...; return isArmstrong; } public static void main(String[] args 

Java Beginners

array - Java Beginners
array:5 what is the length of 2nd array:4 enter a number for 1st array: 4 enter a number for 1st array: 6 enter a number for 1st array: 2 enter a number for 1st array: 1 enter a number for 1st array: 7 

JSP Servlet Questions

java array problem
java array problem  suppose i have an array a[] at a[0] i have value 5,7 the thing is that i want to assign the value of array a[0]=5,7 to two variable let it be j,k that is j=5 and k=7 plz help regards 

Java Beginners

array - Java Beginners
array  Accept a two dimensional array from the user check if this array is symetric display a message yes,if it is symetric otherwise display it ,is not symetric 

Java Beginners

Java Array - Java Beginners
Java Array  Can someone help me to convert this to java? I have an array called Projects{"School", "House", "Bar"} I want all the possible combinations but only once each pair, for example ["House", "Bar"] is the SAME 

Java Beginners

Java Array Types
Java Array Types  Hi, Can Some one guide me how many types of Java Array uses in developing an application. I need the online tutorial to learn syntax or code of the various types of Java arrays. Thanks 

DMCA.com