Home Discussion Discuss: Constructing a File Name path in Java

• wrong codeMritunjay August 29, 2011 at 4:57 PM

the above code does not working properly

• This won't workCharles June 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM

You will get IOException. Use File.mkdirs to create the path before the file.

• 'error in running the first program above'savio November 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Dear Sir, I get the below error when I run the program above in Netbeans editor. Error Details:-- Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method) at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:947) at practicey102.main(practicey102.java:16) Java Result: 1

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Tips and Examples

Constructing a File Name path
Constructing a File Name path   ... construct a file name path. By using the constructing filename path it is possible to set dynamic path, which is helpful for mapping local  file name 

Java-Tutorials

Constructing a File Name path in Java
Constructing a File Name path    ... is helpful for mapping local  file name with the actual path of the file using the constructing filename path technique. As you have seen, how a file 

Java Technology Tutorials

File Path compare in java
File Path Comparison :compareTo      File Path Comparison :compareTo...;); } } } Output : If both path name are same : Both paths are same 

General

Java Get File Name
Java Get File Name       In this section, you will study how to obtain the name of file.  In order to get the file name, we have provided the path of file 'Hello.txt 

Java-Tutorials

Java Construct File Path
Java Construct File Path In this section we will discuss about how to construct file path in Java. A file path can be constructed manually or by a Java program. It is best practice to construct a file path in Java by a Java Program 

Struts Questions

Getting path name of uploading file in struts 2.8.1
Getting path name of uploading file in struts 2.8.1  Hai! I am using struts 2.8.1. I want to upload file into database with the path name. How can I can get the original path name of the file in struts 2.8.1? It only display 

Java file absolute path
Java file absolute path In this section, you will learn how to get the absolute path of the file. Description of code: If you want to locate a file without... created an object of File class and passed the name of the file as an argument 

Struts Questions

Getting path name of uploading file in struts 2.1.8
Getting path name of uploading file in struts 2.1.8  In my question I used struts 2.8.1 instead of 2.1.8. Sorry 

Java Interview Questions

how to get java path name

Java Beginners

need solution to get file name from path which should give by user
need solution to get file name from path which should give by user  how do i write a program in java that i should get file path from arguments.currently this code creates the file at d:\ but i need to get this file name 

Development process Questions

Fileupload from source path to destination path
in the destination path like if the source file is .doc it will create a DOC folder... file is .rtf it will create a RTF folder dynamecally in destination path and store that .rtf file into that path . please help me... Thanks in advance.  

SQL Question

How to retrieve file name and path of an excel spreadsheet imported into Oracle Database
How to retrieve file name and path of an excel spreadsheet imported into Oracle... Oracle database and I want to know how to retrieve the path of the file... table for each spreadsheet but I want to obtain the path and filename of each 

Java-Tutorials

Convert a file name path to url and vice versa in java
the Filename Path into URL. It reads a file name and converted into the URL. toURL(): The toURL() method of the File class is used to convert the file name path into the URL. This is done by creating the instance of the URL class 

Java-Tutorials

Java Path Class
object of which contains the name of a file, directory list to create path, check...() This method is used to get the name of file or directory of the current path...Java Path Class In this section we will discuss all the aspect of Path class 

Struts Questions

No action instance for path
;tr> <td align="right"> File Name...; <forward name="success" path="downloaduploadedfile.jsp"/> </action>... contentType = myFile.getContentType(); //Get the file name String 

JSP Servlet Questions

to obtain image path
= request.getParameter("file"); and file is the name of FILESELECT button... FILE that i have browsed but instead i m gettng just the name of the image...;INPUT NAME="file" TYPE="file" value=""> </td> 

Java Interview Questions

Java class name and file name are different
Java class name and file name are different  Can we run a Java program having class name and file name different?   Hi Friend, No, you can't. It is necessary to save the java file with its class name otherwise 

Java-Tutorials

Getting a absolute path
the name of the file whose absolute path you want to know. Now call the method... the path of the file or directory so that you can access it. If you know the path... in front you where you don't know the path of the file, then what will you do 

General

Class path
. Setting the class path is mandatory to run a java application. Class path in java... the path for a Jar file:  Now, suppose our program uses the library...\Mylib.jar java org.roseindia.MyApp Setting the path in a Manifest 

Java-Tutorials

Getting the Parents of file name path in Java
Getting the Parents of file name path in Java... uses getParent() method of the File class object to find the parent directory name of the current directory.  getParent(): Above code returns the parent 

Development process Questions

set a class path - Development process
set a class path   thanks u sir i got a .jar file,but while...;Hi Friend, In Eclipse, Select the project name then package and then move to ToolBar. Go to Project>>Properties>>Java Build Path>>Add 

Java Beginners

How to store url path in file ?
How to store url path in file ?  Hi, How to store url path in file... = robot.createScreenCapture(new Rectangle(1000,700)); String file = "C:/xampp..."; This is store phiscal directory but i want store url path like 

Ant

Path Separator
Path Separator       In this example, path.separator is used to separate the path and file... the build file. For example, when run on Unix machine, ant interprets the path dir;dir 

Mobile Applications Questions

No SDK with the name or path
Missing or No SDK with the name or path for XYZ version follow the steps below...No SDK with the name or path  When i run any downloaded application on my mac professional ..it always returns a message no sdk with the name 

Java file get name
Java file get name In this section, you will learn how to get the name... the name of the file. Here is the code: import java.io.*; public class... name is: " + st); } } Through the method getName() of File class, you can 

Ant

Convert the path in to properties
with the name attribute. In this example, the java file is converted from src directory... Convert the path in to properties       This example illustrates how to convert path 

Java-Tutorials

Java IO Path
Java IO Path In this section we will discuss about the Java IO Path. Storage... is called a Path of that file or folder using which they can be accessed easily... In the above file path the character ' \ ' is a directory separator also 

PHP Questions

How to change uploaded file root path ?
How to change uploaded file root path ?  I have file upload php script. File upload working is good. But I can't find where saving that file. I think the files saving in mysql directory. How to change directory to my desired path 

Java Tips and Examples

Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory
;java FileOrDirectory the name you have entered is a file : FileOrDirectory... Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory.... What you need to do, just create a File object and pass some file name 

Java Beginners

Name
Name  make a program that take a input from user in alphabet and show all the name of that character E.g User give character "B". The program shows all the human names which starts from B.   Java show all names 

DMCA.com