Home Discussion Discuss: Setting the Height and Width of Rows and columns in JTable

• Dynamically adjust width of a JTableDibyojyoti April 3, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I am creating a JTable dynamically using TableModel and adding the columns dynamically to that table and after that adding the table in jScrollpane. I am able to set the width of the colums also using setPreferredWidth() but the whole width of the table is comming same. please let me know how can I set the whole width of the table dynamically

• Db queryAndre jonn August 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM

How can i query a db table to output entries starting with a particular alphabet.ex.i have this app that i developed using GUI.i created a dialog which enables the user to search for an entry by inputting the name into a txtfld n hitting the "search" button.but the thing is what if the user wants to only display only names starting from an alphabet like say "y" so he types only "y" in the textfld.all i get is an error.i wrote this line in ma code: String str = "SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE column_name LIKE column_name = ? + ''%"; all i get are errors even when i changed it.please help me out here all i need is that line of code that outputs all the data that starts with the alphabet inputted by the user in the txtfld. Please can u send it to my mail listed above.i'd appreciate it

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java-Tutorials

Setting the Height and Width of Rows and columns in JTable
Setting the Height and Width of Rows and columns in JTable... to set the height and width of rows and columns in JTable. This table has... tutorial you will learn how to set the height and width of rows and columns 

Java-Tutorials

Getting the Number of Rows and Columns in JTable
will learn how to get the number of rows and columns in JTable.  This program simply helps us for getting the number of rows and columns from the JTable by using... Getting the Number of Rows and Columns in JTable  

Mobile Applications Questions

UIImage width and height
UIImage width and height  Hi, How I can find the width and height of UIImage object. Let's know an example code for finding UIImage width and height. Thanks 

PHP Questions

image height width php - PHP
image height width php  I am digging for the PHP Script to set the height and width of Image in my app 

HTML Questions

get image height and width html
get image height and width html  How to get image height and width in html?    var img = new Image(); img.src = your_src img.width img.height 

HTML5

HTML5 video height width.
HTML5 video height width. Introduction:The <video> tag use for embedding... will introduce you to about the height and width attribute . They define height... Description height pixel Define height of media. width pixel 

Java-Tutorials

Shading Rows in JTable
Shading Rows in JTable     ... the shading rows in JTable. But, the question arises what is shading?.  Shading Rows: In JTable component the shading rows are the simplest way of shading 

Java-Tutorials

Shading Columns in JTable
; the rows in JTable. So, you are now capable for setting the shading the column...() method. The following code helps you for setting the shading columns in JTable... Shading Columns in JTable      

Java-Tutorials

Inserting Rows in a JTable
Inserting Rows in a JTable     ... in a table. This tutorial helps you in how to insert rows in a JTable to specified... 3 rows and 2 columns. If  you want to insert a data at any location 

General

Multi-line cells in the JTable - Java Tutorials
extends JFrame { // The table has 10 rows and 3 columns private final... the height of rows 0 and 5 to be 100 table.setRowHeight(0, 100... the rows. I spent about an hour delving through the source code of JTable 

Java Code Examples

Show multiple identical rows into JTable from database
Show multiple identical rows into JTable from database In this tutorial, you will learn how to display the multiple rows from database to JTable. Here... rows from database on clicking search button to jtable. The given code accepts 

UIView frame x,y width and height
UIView frame x,y width and height  HI, How to print the x,y width and height of UIView? Thanks   Hi, Following code can be used: CGRect myFrame = myview_.frame; NSLog(@"height = %f", myFrame.size.height); NSLog 

Java Beginners

JTable - Java Beginners
to increase height and width of table because it hides some data . how can i do...JTable  Hi, I have some problem with JTable. On show All button hit.... my problem is with Jtable, sometimes it is visible and sometimes it is not. when 

General

Draw Grids
; int widthheightrowscolumns;     ... defined rows and columns. The method g.drawLine(0, k * heightOfRow, width, k..., 0, k*widthOfRow, height) draws the number of columns.       

Java Beginners

JTable - Java Beginners
project code: col.setPreferredWidth(1); but sir it does not increase the width of the column of the table. i want to increase height and width of table. please... = res2.getMetaData(); int columns = md.getColumnCount(); for (int i = 1; i < 

Java Beginners

How to insert rows in jTable?
How to insert rows in jTable?  Hi, I need to take input from user using JTable. I want an empty row to appear after clicking a insert button. The values will be entered in this empty row. I have searched on this but could 

Java Beginners

JTable - Java Beginners
want my JTable on the panel. and i also want to increase height and width of the columns. how can i do this. and one more problem is that i want windows look... md = res2.getMetaData(); int columns = md.getColumnCount(); for (int i 

Java-Tutorials

Setting the Margin Between Cells in a JTable
the setIntercellSpacing() method. Now apply the SetRowHeight() method for setting the height of rows... Setting the Margin Between Cells in a JTable   .... For this first of all, you will create a JTable containing the data and columns 

JSP-Tutorials

Grid layout container
; Grid container places the child components in columns and rows. This is very...;> <mx:Grid width="280" height="150" x...;mx:GridRow width="100%" height="100%"> <mx 

Adobe Flex

Change panel height, width and title
Change panel height, width and title         With the help of a button's click we can change the height, width , and title of a panel. In the given tutorial 

Java Beginners

JTable
JTable  Hi I have problems in setting values to a cell in Jtable which is in a jFrame which implements TableModelListener which has a abstract... i enter id in a column. and i want to load other table columns the values 

JDBC Questions

JTable - JDBC
JTable   Hello..... I have Jtable with four rows and columns and i have also entered some records in MsSql database. i want to increase Jtable's rows automatically whenever i have records more than four rows. such as if i have 

Java Beginners

retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width
retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width  Hi . Here is my code to retrieve an image from mysql db. Its working properly. But i want the image with specified width and height. How to specify it in this code 

Java Beginners

retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width
retrieving image from mysql db with standard height and width  Hi . Here is my code to retrieve an image from mysql db. Its working properly. But i want the image with specified width and height. How to specify it in this code 

UIScrollView Height
UIScrollView Height  How can i set the height and width of the UIScrollView according to my requirement. Actually i'm creating a login application form iPhone and using UIScrollView. Also i have number of item to add 

Swing AWT

jtable with table headers - Swing AWT
jtable with table headers  give me java code to create jtable with table headers and by which i can scroll jtable and can retrieve height and width of the table 

Swing AWT

jtable-adding a row dynamically
the application there are 3 rows and 4 columns which is default bt when we we have... time if we run a project it must show the default 3 rows and 4 columns...jtable-adding a row dynamically  hi..i am doing a project 

Swing AWT

How to show multiple identicle rows from database on clicking search button to jtable
in the jtable .Suppose i enter name in search field which has two rows in the database table so i want to display both or any number of identicle rows in the jtable .I am...How to show multiple identicle rows from database on clicking search button 

Swing AWT

How to show multiple identicle rows from database on clicking search button to jtable
in the jtable .Suppose i enter name in search field which has two rows in the database table so i want to display both or any number of identicle rows in the jtable .I am...How to show multiple identicle rows from database on clicking search button 

Swing AWT

DMCA.com